Post your covers! (2023)

This is another really fun song that I covered about 2 years ago. I guess Sheba didn’t feel like filming that day, though…LOL

10 Likes

I love that song! Nice cover.

3 Likes

Two great covers @Justin3 ! I haven’t heard “the Logical Song” in a long while. Nice playing.

2 Likes

Very nicely done @Ek_Bass !

1 Like

Enjoyed both of these performances @Ek_Bass, you rocked them! Love that T Shirt in the Kryptonite video, can relate to that sentiment for sure.

Considering the name of the band, we should just be happy they’re not singing about their STDs :rofl:

1 Like

Great job on both of these Justin. I’m learning that the “disco” flavored Kiss is my favorite. Supertramp always seemed to have interesting bass parts that sit in the mix really well. Logical Song was a great choice!

2 Likes

Nice one @401Blues! Like your plucking style up at the neck, works really well with a tune like this.

2 Likes

Thank you for the great compliments!! I have been playing the 6 quite a bit lately actually. Great playing bass and no neck dive. Very comfortable tbh. As far as the shirt goes, KISS is my favorite band!

1 Like

Same, just saw the very last show at MSG - it was amazing!

4 Likes

Didn’t dig the tone on this one but the playing was out of sight!

2 Likes

I have finally been playing my new bass! I love it. Hopefully I’ll get one more cover in before the end of the year. I did the drums for this in one take after not playing the drums for a week or so… so there’s that, but overall I’m happy with it.

The Offspring - Come Out And Play

13 Likes

I took my son to see KISS in Charlotte, NC back in 2019 when they started this last EOTR tour. That was my third time seeing them live. Hate to see them hang it up, but I understand that nothing will last forever. Their music will live on for years. I never get tired of hearing their music, as they have so many great tunes!

2 Likes

Well, you won’t have to - kinda - they just announced that their new ‘avitar’ based shows start in 2027.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know what you mean. The bass came in way hot on that one… That was around the time I just got that L2000 bass and didn’t realize that I needed to back the settings off a lot to compensate for those MFD pickups.

1 Like

Hot off the gril https://youtu.be/gj_Dlm9m42c?si=IJzvqT3aUX3QRPus Happy New Year my fellow Low Downs!!

9 Likes

Nice and klangy!
Well done, love this tune.

2 Likes

I really wish they put out more music.
Nice job.

2 Likes

Yeah! Taking me back to 94, played the Smash CD on repeat a lot back then. Nice job and cool new bass.

3 Likes

Happy New Year MadBassist, and nice job on the Twisted Sister!

2 Likes

Here’s one more for 2023, it’s my cover of the Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit song “When We Were Close” from their most recent album Weathervanes. Got it on vinyl for Christmas, which I love since it forces me to listen to all the songs a little closer. This song really caught my ear, love to hear the band rock out like this. Made me want to go grab my bass and play along. It’s a lot of fun to play, thanks for listening.
Bass: Squier CV Fretless Jazz
Effects: Behringer BDI 21 for OD/Amp Sim and some Compression in post(Reaper)

10 Likes