Post your covers! (2023)

Thanks John! Happy New Year!

Yea I realize sound quality isn’t the best on that video. After recording it figured out the video I used to play the music wasn’t the best so it resulted in lower sound. Sorry about that.

1 Like

I wish I would have joined the forum earlier in the year. I recorded 92 covers in 2023 haha. I tried to stay busy I spose. My wife did the eye roll when I told her my final number. She said “that’s ridiculous” haha. Oh well. I love playing bass and get a huge dopamine hit from learning. All were uploaded to my YouTube channel since first part of March. More or less around 9 months of the year. I don’t think I would want to keep that pace up again. There were weeks I did two and sometimes three on a Friday. I’m off on Fridays by the way. I had time to kill, so I just learned and recorded. It was fun but very chaotic at times.

4 Likes

That’s a way to start :smiley: nothing wrong with doing less covers in 2024, and maybe you could take adantage of this to invest more time in the recording and production process, so your covers will become higher in quality :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking @terb - I’ll be putting the 50 songs challenge in the 50 songs threads and I might do more in the “post your fragments” slot.

Still, well done on a stunning job on the end of year report ! Have a big internet pat on the back :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We shall see… I do have a list of my own that I’ve been compiling to work on after the challenge is done but it might have a different difficulty curve. I’m a little shocked that I took the gold on this one.

Looking forward to 2024!

3 Likes

I have been known to do some off the rails things… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I actually got a presonus audio interface for Christmas, so I’m gonna get that going so that should help me out. Anyone have some good advice to send my way?

1 Like

@PamPurrs and @John_E created this tutorial :

3 Likes

Ok awesome thank you so much!!

2 Likes

https://billlanahan.com/home/band-songs/record-yourself-using-garage-band/ Ok so this part goes to a 404. There’s nothing there when I click it.

1 Like

Thanks for all the stats @terb !

Will time this thread to close in a day so y’all can finish up your conversation.

New thread here! Post your covers! (2024)

5 Likes

Ya Lanny had some website issues so it is now defunct.
We cover mac related stuff in the video classes as well though.

I will remove the link to his stuff, thanks for the head’s up.

3 Likes

Fantastic job with this stats @terb , really fun to see. Think I ended on 30, but I might have done something wrong not posting everyone here.

2 Likes

I have 16 or your covers in the 2023 list

1 Like

OK, then it’s my fault. I have 1-28 on the list and two more.
Fighter by Mecalimb
Zitti E Buoni by Måneskin
If you add the rest to the 24 list I have a head start on @cheeze_pizza I think I need that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Maneskin song is on the list already, here is what I have :

Johnnyb : Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall Part 2
Johnnyb : Creedence Clearwater Rivival - Bad Moon Rising
Johnnyb : Gnarls Barkley – Crazy
Johnnyb : Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
Johnnyb : AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Johnnyb : Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
Johnnyb : The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
Johnnyb : Hank Williams - I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry
Johnnyb : The Temptations - My Girl
Johnnyb : U2 - With Or Without You
Johnnyb : Coldplay – Yellow
Johnnyb : Smash Mouth - All Star
Johnnyb : The Strokes - Alone Together
Johnnyb : Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Johnnyb : Måneskin - Zitti E Buoni
Johnnyb : The Clash – London Calling

Feel free to post other ones on the 2024 thread if you want them to be added on the 2024 list ! No problem for me, I just ask the covers of the 2024 list to be posted on the 2024 thread, otherwise it’s more complicated for me when I have to go back to a cover during the current year.

2 Likes

Absolutely :100:

1 Like

Already got my first cover picked out for 2024 but won’t post until January 12. Prior engagement this week that will prevent me from doing anything bass related other than daydream about playing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.