Post your covers! (2023)

sure ! Duff has really an interesting bass playing, nothing “so easy” indeed.

Also AFD is one of my favorites albums of all times. Great cover and great song !

3 Likes

Great playing @dlamson13 as usual.
Bit of weirdness at 1:20 to my ear but the rest was top notch pro stuff.
Loved the tone.

3 Likes

Two great covers @dlamson13 ! Both have great tone. Very nice work!

2 Likes

Thanks @terb! AFD definitely holds a special place in my heart, was pretty special to get to see them live for the first time.

3 Likes

Thanks John_E! Glad you liked the tone, I was inspired by an AMP video where he used the B1Four to model Duff’s sound. I used a lot of his settings. I continue to marvel at how much I’ve gotten out of that little $99 box.

I am just obnoxiously slamming the $@$# out of the G-String there. Not loving the sound either but I kept it in. I should’ve been using the same touch as in the opening riff. Guess I was a little over hyped haha.

3 Likes

Thanks @JerryP! Glad you liked the tones, very different sounds in the 2 songs for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t heard this song in years, forgot all about it… nicely done and cool bass line. Might have to put that one on my personal list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a killer Vibrato and as for you Fantastic playing. I love pretenders basslines and you are just killing it with a fretless no less. Awesome job @dlamson13

3 Likes

Couple of great covers, I really liked the GnR one you had a good tone happening…had not listened to it for a while, Axls vocal is very restrained in most of this song for his style (hardly any of his higher vocal stuff here) that was interesting to hear

3 Likes

50 Songs Challenge - Song No. 16 - Nirvana - Come As You Are

Once again with the Jino Jazz Bass. H Pickup rolled off, bridge and neck are full volume. I had the preamp on, but the boosts are dialed back all the way. We are down-tuned a full step. Since these are lighter gauge strings I found that to present it’s own challenge!

I added some slides here and there and I think they fit well. I guess it’s a habit!

Darkglass Microtubes 500v2 Head & Ampeg SVT15E cab. I scooped the mids on the EQ and set Compression at 50%. Microtubes Engine ON with Tone and Blend at 50%. I used XLR out to a Volt 276 interface and then to GarageBand. Video recorded with OBS. Finished in iMovie.

This may be the last cover where I use a webcam… I’ve got a decent Sony DSLR from my streaming days and I plan to incorporate it soon. :smiley:

Enjoy!

7 Likes

After many tries here’s me playing Alone Together by The Strokes.

11 Likes

Thanks @brik1970! It’s a fun one, I play it similarly to this Pook Bidault video where he was kind enough to tab it out. I play things in some different positions than him in a few places often so I can grab the open A string for convenience.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @Al1885, loving the fretless for sure! Yeah Chrissie has an amazing one of a kind voice and is a very talented song writer IMO.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @g13dip! You’re right about Axl on this. They lead with this song every night, high energy, and like you mentioned, probably an “easier” one to get the vocal chords warmed up with.

2 Likes

Very well done @groaner !

I struggled like hell on this one.
Getting the timing at the speed was a bear for me.

Couple blips throughout but overall very nice.
You added some notes here and there but good news is they worked and here in the groove.

3 Likes

I listened very closely to the original and found that the score that was supplied with the 50 Songs was missing some so I imported a few.
I agree they worked!

A few blips but ya, I’m happy with this one.

4 Likes

Another great job @cheeze_pizza !

1 Like

Very nicely done @groaner ! That seem like a tough one, but you did a great job with it.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch @JerryP :metal:

1 Like

Thanks Jerry!
It was the most challenging so far and I loved playing it!

2 Likes