Post your covers! (2023)

Well I don’t think it gets any better than this @Al1885 - your playing and style is just off the charts. Close the restaurant and go join a band, I’m sure your family won’t mind :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Hey nice job @Justin3 :+1: :+1:and that bass has a seriously good tone. Is it a Steinberger?

4 Likes

Stunning work @Al1885 ! :star_struck: And good to see the Squier 40th Anniversary holding its own with the more expensive basses :+1:

3 Likes

Well it feels like a decade, but finally I’ve managed to get enough mojo back to complete a half reasonable cover. It’s been hell, friends, the past couple of weeks - property, banks, business, the man - so I decided to seek refuge in the careless whimsy of 60s psychedelic rock.

Do you remember the summer of 67? I don’t because I wasn’t born, but Small Faces probably do! Or maybe not :smirk: :wink:. The band was responsible for the seriously weird Ogden’s Nut Gone Flake and some modest hits throughout the late 60s, including Itchycoo Park :slight_smile:

The weapon of choice was the Hofner Club running through the SVT emulator on the Zoom B1fourx. I recorded two tracks - one on the front pickup and one on the back, before I remembered I could probably have done one recording with both pickups on. Crazy days man!

11 Likes

Thank you @JerryP
I had an awesome 2 days off that said yesterday (thanksgiving) was a blur, it was lots of eating, :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks @cheeze_pizza it was fun recording that.

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E , no they probably just hire a hitman and take the insurance, lol. :joy:

4 Likes

Definitely, I recorded more basses but my ability to edit video was limited to 4 :laughing:.

The 40th feels great the contemporary sound the best in person, it’s definitely fun to highlight more affordable axes.

2 Likes

Nicely done Ed! Hofner sounds great.

2 Likes

Hey that’s fun @Ed it sounds awesome. It has the synth vibe to it and as always I envy your picking skills. , Ive been working on it but it’s not ready for prime time anytime soon, lol.

Is that your new Horner? It doesn’t look like a short scale.

3 Likes

Thanks - I’ve been watching way too many McCartney videos :slight_smile: I should really put some hours on my fingerstyle though. …

The Hofner Club is working out well thanks :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:. I still can’t get the tone in @JerryP 's covers but it’s probably because I’m not using Labellas. I might actually restring it with the roundwounds it came with and see how it sounds … AFAIK the Hof is actually something like a medium scale - 32.5 inches I think so not strictly a short scale. Still very comfortable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Ed. That’s a Steinberger Spirit XT2.

2 Likes

Sounds nice, man. I have a Zoom B1 Four, but the ‘no foot pedal’ model.

2 Likes

Nice work. Too bad about your Go Mixer PRO… I’ve been using mine for four years now, so I guess I got lucky!

2 Likes

A cover of a cover!

10 Likes

I had no idea she covered this!
Pretty sure Lou Reed helped Gene write this IIRC.
Great playing and tone as always @Justin3

For those that don’t know the Fondue cheesy original…

4 Likes

I wish I felt that comfortable playing… well any song really. Dang @Al1885 nice job!

3 Likes

Nice job @Ed That sounded great! and that is a good looking bass too.

2 Likes

Everything you play always sounds great!

2 Likes

It’s always a good day when you can play bass.

I never know what to say to introduce a cover. I honestly hate writing. But I love to play the bass. This one was played with my Squier 40th anniversary jazz bass gold edition. This bass is growing on me. I bought it because I didn’t have a real jazz bass and I think I really wished it had a blend knob instead of two volume knobs, but I’m getting over it. It sounds good and plays really well. And in my opinion it looks great.

Anyway, another fun song. I don’t typically play songs that I don’t think are fun.

Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench

11 Likes