Post your covers! (2023)

This was great @cheeze_pizza !!

I have a challenge for you….
Your next 50 song challenge cover - learn it then put away the music and learn it without music. I know you can do it. I feel like you rely too much in the page and are burning holes in it, lol :upside_down_face:

Kidding but I know you can do it!

3 Likes

Man you even look the part with that turtleneck.

I loved everything about this, except felt you could use a bit of compression. Some of your notes got lost to me.

Great tune and great job!

2 Likes

Geez Louise @Paul_9207 that was fabulous!!!
Just spot spot on.
I hate how effortlessly you pick! lol

2 Likes

Thanks @John_E :slight_smile: Yeah I’ve never really worked out how to use compression - I just set the ratio to about 3:1 and see how it goes. It used to get some good results on Audacity but there’s a ton of new settings on Reaper…

1 Like

Thanks Al. Yes, I’m using the GoMixer on the tune.

2 Likes

This taught me well…

It’s DAW based but the principles are the same. It’s also one of the things that convinced me I needed a compressor pedal with a usable visual meter for how much compression is being applied. I pretty much still set compression by visual vs aural methods. Still training my ears.

4 Likes

I’ll take you up on that! Luckily the next song on my list is Thunderstruck… :wink:

Thanks again for the encouraging feedback man. :smiley:

2 Likes

Another home run Barney! Also liked the video production, very well done.

1 Like

Yessir!

Overall nice job, I did notice a few timing and articulation blips here and there, and some rushing/draging here and there. To me it stands out in this tune a lot as the bassline follows the melody and is the part of the tune you normally hum/sing so it’s very well known.

3 Likes

It’s fun @Barney that D tuning sounds great and tight. Love the ripple effect. Your smiling set the mood for the song, lol. :joy: Good playing man.

2 Likes

Great job Barney. Sounds real good!

3 Likes

This was kind of a rush job to get it done before leaving on my next trip. Hope you all enjoy it.

13 Likes

Hey @JerryP That’s a proper country song. I love it. half way through I thought I might have heard another version of this song somewhere. Love it man.

1 Like

Nice job, Jerry!

1 Like

Thanks @Justin3 I think it’s a lot of fun to use a pick. I am more comfortable finger style still.

Thanks Jerry!

Thanks Al! The fills were a lot smoother than I typically do on a cover. I usually learn a song and record it in a week or two, but I’ve been playing this one for a few months now and never got the itch to record it.

Thanks Ed! The 40th anniversary Squier was a must buy for me as I turned 40 last year too.

Thanks John! I’ve been playing with a pick a lot over the last year or so.

2 Likes

Thanks Al!

Thanks Paul!

Interesting! Bit above my pay grade but interesting… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did this one a couple of years back on my channel. Someone brought this tune up to me today and it reminded me of the cover I did, so I figured I may as well share it here too.

9 Likes
7 Likes