Well done @Justin3 !

1 Like

That was nice. That’s how fast I want to be without a pick one day

2 Likes

Thanks Bumble

1 Like

Thanks man

1 Like

I did my first real challenge post B2B. I thought RATM would be a good starter challenge that didn’t feel impossible. The amount of concentration to get through a 6 minute song is A LOT for me right now lol. I think for a bit I’m going to stick to 3-4 minute songs before I do a challenge personal challenge like this again.

13 Likes

Fallen behind 100 more posts :sob: where does the time go?!

I have been working on this song for quite a long time now, many months, thousands of attempts, lots of swearing, finger pain, severe cramping…why did I ever start this track?!
The fills in this track are excruciating. Am I playing this properly? No idea. It sounds close enough to me :rofl:

A couple quick notes about this album. First, it is brilliant. Joe Jackson is a fantastic songwriter and his band incredible. The bassist is Graham Maby and he absolutely SHINES on this album. Front and center in every mix. I am in love with his bass tone on this album, wish I knew what he was playing when this was recorded.

Anyways, I know it’s not spot on but I think it’s the best I can do. I hope you guys enjoy this one!

Joe Jackson - Look Sharp! 1979
Sunday Papers

6 Likes

Great job @BumbleJazz ! That took a lot of endurance.

1 Like

That was awesome @Ant ! Great job.

1 Like

Catching up on my listening…
@JerryP - country suits you well.
This sounded and felt seemless!
Time for a hat and some kickin’ boots man!

1 Like

Hot Child…
Damn I love this song, always have.
I have fiddled with this a lot but never recorded.

Deadly Sinners
Totally not my jam but very well played man!

Great job as usual.

2 Likes
  1. This was great @BumbleJazz !
  2. I want your alien fingers on my hands dammit !
2 Likes

Joe Jackson is one of those guys you don’t know you like as much as you do.
Great playing @Ant
Not nuts about the tone / mix, but that’s not important.
Really nice feel on this one man.

2 Likes

Thanks John!

Great Job!

2 Likes

I like everything about this! I don’t know this song, but it sounds like you nailed those fill to me. Great job!

2 Likes

Thanks John… I know I have some weird tastes in music LOL.

1 Like

Very good job! That jazz bass sounds great. :parrot:

2 Likes

Thanks guys! I worked really hard on this one, quite a personal accomplishment for me.

As far as the tone, I’m a bit disappointed you weren’t digging it John! I tried to get it to sound as much like the original as I could. The original is definitely played with a pick, the triplets in the main riff are super punchy which is hard to replicate with your fingers. It’s tough cause I was trying to get it to sound punchy and clear while still having that nice low end & growl. I definitely need to spend more time editing my mixes

2 Likes

50 Songs Challenge Song no 36: Cream - Sunshine of your Love

Looked to dial in a fuzzy tone on this one. I think it came out nicely.

:sun_with_face:

8 Likes

Yes! Recent RATM convert here after doing “Testify” in the 50 Song Challenge. This was excellent, there are enough great riffs here to fill an album.

2 Likes