Post your covers! (2023)

Great first cover @cheeze_pizza ! Great timing and tone.
Looking forward to the next one.
:+1:

3 Likes

kh

4 Likes

Thanks Jerry! :smiley:

2 Likes

audio only tonight (couldn’t be bothered setting the cam & all that up :smile:), mistakes and all :joy:
but this is a fun little jam :+1:

Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl
https://youtu.be/HBRujOmAfYU

5 Likes

If you’re going to do a cover it really helps @terb who keeps track of all the covers for the year to list the name of the band and the song title in your post. Cheers

3 Likes

Worked for me @Barney :confused:

I really love watching all of these covers. Great job everyone!
I have all the stuff I need to take part here, I just need to spend the time to learn to make the videos. Someday soon hopefully.

7 Likes

because I’m an idiot and saved it wrong, fixed now :joy:

2 Likes

:joy:

Damn, I thought I was special :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Oh man. I can’t wait to hear some of the tone of the basses you have.

5 Likes

@DeadPixels - did you remove the bass from this or play over it? It sounds like you left the bass in which makes it really hard to listen to and hear what’s going on and offer any constructive feedback.

5 Likes

I am going to spend some time tonight watching John and Pam’s video tutorials tonight to see if I can apply what they do to the equipment I have.

6 Likes

I dunno how to :smile: haven’t got that far yet.
just noodlin on rocksmith as usual :joy:
on the p bass this time though

Fleetwood Mac - Don’t Stop (1977) from the flawless album Rumours.

I started playing Bass in Nov 2020. I used the Moises.ai app to remove the original bass line by John McVie and overdub mine.

Cheers Amigos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buoLqgA8fS0

HX Stomp
Comp - Line 6 Original Deluxe Compressor
Pre Amp - Mic Requisite Y7 mic pre amp
Amp - Ampeg SVT-4 PRO
Modulation - Retro Reel
MIM Fender Jazz Bass
GHS Precision Flats
DAI - Focusrite Scarlett Solo

19 Likes

nice cover @cheeze_pizza , and this live of Alice In Chains is really a great choice. About the bass on this kind of old live “unplugged” mix, it’s not really possible to remove the bass track in my opinion, because it’s an acoustic bass with a piezo pickups. Those things bring a very special tone with a high-pitched component that is really melted with the other instruments.

But your bass line was very audible and that’s what matters :slight_smile:

congrats on this first cover ! :v::grin:

5 Likes

Very well done Barney! Great song to wake up to.
:+1:

2 Likes

@Barney that cover was so good. Your playing was spot on. I miss the P-bass.

It’s such a good album that I don’t even like Fleetwood Mac and I own that album :rofl:

There’s just something great about it on many levels.

You can also just feel the essential underlying tension there too in some tracks. While recording the album:

• John And Christine divorced, and Christine started hooking up with one of their techs.
  • Lindsey and Stevie broke up.
  • Mick caught his wife cheating with his best friend, went a little nuts, and ended up in a fling with Stevie, who was still having daily shouting matches in the studio with Lindsey
  • Add in the usual '70s drug and booze fuel

With that in mind, listen carefully to the lyrics of the songs they recorded and imagine the double and triple meanings being thrown around the studio :rofl:

Truly a masterpiece, forged in a crucible of dysfunction.

8 Likes

This is fantastic @Barney !
You going to do the whole album? Funny I ended up listening to it yesterday, even The Chain again!

I love when you put up a cover, always solid and always fun!

6 Likes

Yes, this :point_up:

4 Likes

Yeah +1

4 Likes