Post your covers! (2023)

Thanks @terb !!!

Since it has been mentioned a couple times and I’m still a bit of an audio recording noob… How does one remove the bass line? Do you guys run it through a high pass filter? Just curious for future covers. Sorry if it’s already been covered in this thread.

3 Likes

@cheeze_pizza I use Moises.ai. Free to use for 5 songs per month. Drag the song you want into the upload box and it splits the song into 4 parts.

Use the slider to drag down the volume on the bass part. Click on the ‘Download’ botton top right and you have an mp3 track that’s got the bass removed.

I just used it last night for my last cover. Very easy to use.

2 Likes

Like this

1 Like

I’ll try and drag out the P Bass for the next one!

4 Likes

Awesome cover @Barney I loved the interlacing of various stop signs in your video. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yet another great flawless cover @Barney I had a feeling that this song was on deck. It’s such an effortless cover the accent was immaculate which drove the song. Now I’m writing down the next song I have in mind hoping you’ll hit it next, lol.

3 Likes

Ugh, I got pissed off setting this one up.
Original bass is made using plugin, not real bass, it was pain to get even close to that sound, with limtied options I have on Amplitube. :upside_down_face:

Either way, it’s heavy on effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvOFTYe5X58

Gear used:

• Ernie Ball MusicMan Stingray EX
  • Universal Audio Volt 1
  • Amplitube 5
  • Lalal.ai for removal of original bass

Amp sim:

• GK MB 150 S
  • 2x10 SVX-500
  • SVX-15R
  • Fender Compressor
  • X-Chorus
  • X-SPACE
  • SVX-OCT (on both cabs)

For last part:

• GK MB 150 S
  • 2x10 SVX-500
  • SVX-15N
  • Fender Compressor
  • Wah-46

Settings on the bass were:

• Treble cut 100%
  • Little bit of bass boost
  • Mids centered
13 Likes

That’s a great finger tone and finger work @Growl. Like butter!

3 Likes

@cheeze_pizza Awesome stuff man, keep it coming! Btw did you do some panning? Or recorded as mono? I hear your bass only on my left headphone.

@DeadPixels As @John_E said, it’s hard to figure out a bit whats happening, seems 2 bass tracks are clashing a bit. But keep it up, one of the bass tracks sounds great tonally.

@Barney Oh that first plug, sexy. Btw great endurace and consistency. Really in the pocket. :tada:

@Al1885 Thanks man! But still it doesnt sound like I wanted.

3 Likes

I don’t know the song but it sounds damn good to me.
Great finger work and groove man.

4 Likes

Thanks man, but songs like this are why I want a 5 string bass. Even with octaver these tones on G string are not filling up the track as supposed.

3 Likes

Recorded as Mono. I noted that sometime during the recording phase but then forgot to correct it. :sweat_smile: I just need to change my Audio settings in OBS for the next go.

Thanks man!

2 Likes

Awesome cover! The sound was quite nice and I really enjoyed the slap bit at the end. :grinning:

3 Likes

Oh no! You didn’t!just don’t GAS Fender’s 5 strings.

2 Likes

Nope, just going for soapbars or humbuckers.

Anything Fenderesque is not an option.

2 Likes

Great finger work on the fretboard @Growl. Don’t know the song, but it sounded pretty damn good to me!

3 Likes

Great cover @Barney! Love Fleetwood Mac!

2 Likes

Great first cover @cheeze_pizza!! Don’t know the song, but way, way better than my first attempt at a cover song…. Great slides man! You were obviously feeling it!

3 Likes

Great cover @John_E!! I know that the original has limited bass as recorded, but it would be cool to throw in a few ad-libs of your own in on this one. Your tone and timing are spot on bro! Loved it!

2 Likes

Thanks @Lanny

Well, I didn’t post the 30-something bad takes it took to get to that one but I appreciate ya. Keep on plucking away at it and you will get there!

3 Likes