Post your covers! (2023)

I honestly forgot I wasn’t listening to the original!
Fantastical!!!

3 Likes

sounding great @Johnnyb !!

2 Likes

Once again tonight I totally forgot I was listenting to a cover.
This was great.
Love the stage lights @dlamson13!

2 Likes

I don’t think he can stand up. He’s spent so long sitting and working on the 50 song challenge that his legs have atrophied. Prove me wrong Scott :wink:

Nice work on a song I can’t stand (that goes for all of Cream but not Clapton) but you did great!

2 Likes
8 Likes

that’s great ! and I love this song and all the Leviathan album

3 Likes

Well done and awesome song to cover :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very well done Justin!

Thanks, I do too!

1 Like

Thanks Howard!

1 Like

Thanks Jerry!

1 Like

https://youtu.be/qEgg0lqYPcU?si=FoRdmcvD80oJ4u2i Hope you enjoy my latest cover song!

7 Likes

Getting a new bass so I covered one of the first songs I learned on bass while also practicing getting better at using a pick.

12 Likes

50 Songs Challenge Song no. 40: Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

All right folks, we’ve completed Billie Jean! Holy heckaroonis Batman!

Only 11 more songs to go!

12 Likes

That was great !!!

1 Like

Well done @TheMadBassist

2 Likes

NNNNNNNIIIIIIIICCCCEEEEEEEEE!!

The groove at the beginning had a bit of a rest in the wrong spot but you course corrected as you went! And when you did, it was brilliant from there on in.

Really great groove @cheeze_pizza !!!
Just perfect.

Do you think working all these songs helped you nail this one?

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E

I think it’s been more about working directly on this song. I’m sure the other songs helped build a foundation in some ways. Perhaps the Jackie Wilson song as it has a repeated phrase through most of the song and requires some endurance to get through it.

I’ve been practicing the BJ groove for months and I’ve been able to play it faster than the tempo of the song demands, but only in short bursts. I would give it a few minutes a few times a week which helped reinforce it.

I also started this one on my Mustang short scale but the lower action of the JINO bass and the grip of the round wounds on my fingertips felt better. It seemed more achievable this way. My fretless has insanely low action and I did try it on that on as well but the low tension flats were more slippery and I would make frequent mistakes. I’m kinda shocked that my heaviest bass made it seem the easiest…

With that said, I still had to sneak in some hammer-ons in a few spots instead of plucking the last note of the phrase before the string switch.

Thanks for the feedback!

3 Likes

nice job! that sounded good! nice job on the picking too.

2 Likes

Fantastic work @cheeze_pizza , you are next to get the badge i think?

2 Likes