Post your covers! (2023)

Another “Facebook memory” that popped up on my page today. I did this one two years ago. Supposedly Sylvester Stallone was a fan of this song and asked Survivor to write something similar for a film he was making. That tune was Eye of the Tiger.

10 Likes

Fantastic, man. Good job on those little Geddy double picks too!!

3 Likes

Good stuff! Excellent tone and timing.
I’ve never heard of that song before (definitely sounds like “Eye of the Tiger,” which explains the tone), sounds like something out of the Rocky movie.

3 Likes

Dude, that took so much practice…! I’m just thankful raking was made known to me sooner rather than later; it was very much needed to play this.
And thank you!

3 Likes

Nice one Justin! Great tone on this one.

2 Likes

Wow! 2 covers from @Justin3 for Xmas, what a wonderful thing!

Love Gun - Man you nailed that one, love the percussive, gun-like nature of the bass in that later half of the song. Really enjoyed that.

Poor Man’s Son - Survivor has ‘that’ 80s sound that I just love! For a moment I though it sounded a ‘touch’ like Stan Bush but I had not looked closely enough at the title. I’m just a sucker for that cheesey 80’s uplifting rock.

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Such a groovy disco vibe @Ant !! …and a stellar looking bass to match. Really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

This was stellar dude! I’m not a fan of Rush really, but I do respect the bass chops and you were flying around that board making all the good sounds. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

50 Songs Challenge Song no 41: Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Cross-posting here to get what will probably be my last cover of 2023 in the mix. Love the song and it’s quite fun to play. I found myself going into Jamerson mode a few times here as I was reviewing the footage. Oh, and bad dancing is also included in this entry!

9 Likes

Couldn’t see this one, says unavailable.

1 Like

Well done, very nice playing!
I love a deep dive into one thing, it is very rewarding.

1 Like

Most Diverse Musical Taste Prize!

Great as always.

3 Likes

Good greif Charlie Brown this was perfection @cheeze_pizza
tone et al just spot on, great groove.

I will say it again for any doubters, the 50 Song Challenge will make you a better bass player, strike that, a damn good bass player.

4 Likes

Dude! That sounds absolutely fantastic. Huge Queen fan here and everything (tone, dynamics etc) is spot on. 15/10

4 Likes

What a great morning as a Queen and also Survivor fan. That sounded top draw @Justin3

I even like the later Jimi Jamison stuff because, well that boy could sing.

Again great cover.

4 Likes

Awesome playing Scott! Perfect on everything!

2 Likes

Dang dude, great job on this one! Probably my favorite Queen song. Maybe a couple timing issues here or there, but otherwise that sounded awesome. Loved the tone. That dancing though… :rofl: glad to see you out of your seat and really getting into it!

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E - I’m working my way there!

Thanks Barney! :smiley:

Appreciate you Jerry!

Thanks Ant!!

I should go back through all my takes and put together a dance montage… :rofl:

3 Likes

Now, let’s not be rash…

:smirk:

3 Likes

Thanks Cheese!

3 Likes