Post your covers! (2023)

No, the original thread that contained all the years hit 10,000.
However, the 2023 is already over 1000!
I tried to get a feel for how many covers have been done so far, its a LOT!

3 Likes

Mr @groaner - your improvement over a very short time is quite astonishing.
you are doing great man!
And this was a great job.

@Barney - bass seems perfect in the mix to me, sorry mate.

3 Likes

Killer job, KILLLLLERRRR tone @Barney

are any of the clips you?

3 Likes

Why not do both - you can sleep when you’re dead.

2 Likes

just fantastic @Paul_9207
I wish my fingers were as fast as yours!!!

2 Likes

Sounds really good @Lieutax
Tone is seriously good.
Keep going man!

2 Likes

PS - if you remove the outermost set of parenthesis around the link, the video will plop itself in the post.

2 Likes

well done @Growl
Other than fret buzz, I felt like some notes were slightly out of tune too.
Maybe a setup is needed?
Else, awesome work as ususal.

3 Likes

Ha ha yeah like I said to @groaner it’s probably me and my crappy hearing :sunglasses: Or maybe your hearing is overly sensitive like a German Shepherd :wink:

1 Like

That’s really cool song @Growl. Killer vibe, love the right touch of sting burps and your string jump is flawless.

1 Like

That’s a cool throwback song @Barney you octaves and slides were just perfect. I agree with @John_E that 60’s tone is money.

On the side note, was that drone on follow me mode? That was awesome clip man.

1 Like

Great job as usual PR_9207! I wish I had fast fingers like yours.
:+1:

We are on the same program, this thread is my apprenticeship until I can find others to play with around here. It’s fun to watch the transition from flying fingers and fret buzz to present day.

That’s a busy song and it sounded fantastic. I like the bass to be present / a little higher in the mix for a bass cover.

:lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: 5 out 5 claws

3 Likes

@Paul_9207 thats quite a progress. Your playing was so present and you were into the music really cool man. The technical bits were awesome your we’re right not an easy song.

I’ll give you 2 quick friendly words of advice since you are ready for prime time, look away from you left hand every once in awhile, and tuck your finger in a bit. One of the gig we played, the host approached the guitarist and asked if he could tuck in the finger when he played the barred chords, lol.

2 Likes

Also to answer @John_E’s question that paddling is not me. I chose a solo female paddler to match the aesthetic of the song. She’s Nouria Newman, a French paddler who’s arguably one of the best paddlers ever in the sport.

Don’t know anything about the drone stuff other than it’s amazing. Here’s the original video if you want to read up about the ‘reverse drone’ stuff. It’s in the video description.

2 Likes

The clue was at the end where she caught the drone at the end of her run. Which make sense if someone pilot the drone they’d have to be there at each scene and she’d be doing it all day trying to get the shots and stitch them together.

2 Likes

If you say P Bass then in this case you’re wrong @howard :slight_smile:

I only play with flats (GHS Precision Flats) so I needed a little more ‘pop’ for the tone in this song and my Jazz bass worked better. I tried the P but it wasn’t the right tool for that song.

2 Likes

Fret buzz was me not pressing on the right spot, regarding out-of-tune I’m not sure since I’m not hearing it, and setup is perfect. maybe I’m missing the note, eh :neutral_face:. Thanks!

One of my most fav basslines. Didn’t do all the details like Nathan does but I feel like it’s close enough. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you I truly appreciate it :.)

1 Like

Thanks John! Much appreciated.

1 Like