Post your covers! (2023)

Oh definitely the gallop riffs he plays IMO

2 Likes

It’s not necessarily a software issue (even though a good software might help you rectify the issue); it happens often when you use two different pieces of hardware for the audio and video, respectively. It has something to do with that most often video is not necessarily recording at a fixed frame per second rate, but is using a dynamic approach.

There are some workarounds, which I knew, but don’t quite remember now… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, that’ll keep you onto your toes while playing :joy:

3 Likes

Interesting! I keep having trouble with synchronising audio recordings through my trusty Behringer DAI. For some reason my playing is often out of sync - about 0.1 s before the beat. If I add 0.1s silence to the bass track everything fits perfectly (more or less :wink:). I’d always put that down to my playing but now I’m thinking it might be something weird with the hardware…

2 Likes

I haven’t done a deep-dive on this, but if it is a consistent (constant) delay, it might be due to some kind of latency in the signal chain. The problem I have encountered with two pieces of hardware leads to de-syncing that gets worse the longer the tune/recording.

2 Likes

Hmmm it appears I may be rushing :grin:

2 Likes

Completely agree.
Forcing the pick, after a bit of time, is a big benefit and really not that hard.
It just feels foreign at first and makes us take a step back, which, no one wants to do.
I enjoy playing with either now, just still working out muting on more complex things that I can pluck easier than pick.

2 Likes

no you don’t - Davinci Resolve is FREE and has auto-sync

3 Likes

I have noticed that recording video with my iphone - I cannot edit/shorten/etc that video in any way on my phone before bringing it into Resolve otherwise the audio/video in the file gets all buggered. I bring the untouched file into Resolve and truncate it there. No clue why this is a thing but what your getting at is surely the issue.

2 Likes

Yay - Nice one! Hang on a sec…

Windows 10 or later.
16 GB of system memory (32 GB for intense graphics work)
intel core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 CPU.
Integrated or discrete GPU with at least 2GB of VRAM and supports OpenCL 1.2 or CUDA 11 and the Latest driver Blackmagic Design Desktop Video 10.4.1 or later

:frowning:

Hmm - maybe something a bit lighter?

1 Like

Go big or stay home brother!

3 Likes

I’ve spent all my money on bass guitars :frowning:

:smiley:

5 Likes

Dude, that was awesome. I want to be you when I grow up on the bass :grin:

3 Likes

Well, here’s something I did for fun (audio only). Was surfing YouTube the other day and ran across this guitarist who does these “riff battle” videos, filming himself playing his favorite riffs from 2 or more bands (https://www.youtube.com/@miguelsequeiraguitar). I watched his Sabaton vs. Powerwolf video and never really gave Sabaton a listen before this.

Anyways, some of the Sabaton riffs I thought were catchy… this song in particular caught my ear, but I wasn’t too thrilled with the originally recorded bass on it, it just struck me as lacking something. Played around with it a bit and recorded my interpretation (used some editing and speed-up/slow-down features in the DAW to play at this blazing fast 240 bpm which I cannot manage cleanly yet) to another guitarist who was covering the song as well.

Enough rambling, here’s a link to the audio - in video form. This is not intended to end up on my covers list or anything, just something I was goofing around with and thought I would share with y’all. Hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed playing around with it.

https://youtu.be/3uKTNLISESc

Edit: had to add… (one could almost hear them say) Sabaton! - “we love metal and history!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Hey, everyone! I’m continuing on my journey of covers and playing song of different styles.

Between the billion funk songs out there, I’ve decided to pick this one. I hope you enjoy watching as I enjoyed playing! :slight_smile:

Thank you for watching!

P.S.: normally I don’t play standing up, but it’s hard to play something funky sitting down, lol

Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg1KwTuHPT4

19 Likes

Good job Rob! I haven’t heard that song in a long while.
:+1:

4 Likes

This is called red, white and Blue Chameleon…

Funk jazz, yea and i drug it through the rock pile… bass does a funk walk near the end .

This one is called 1st Grade… prog, funk

I didnt film the studio.bass track…played all instruments at my studio…

Let me know what you think…
Shalom in our risen King .

John Layne and the Aeon’s Promise band…

holy crap :confused:

rumble

so I can’t use Shazam for the list. So, if I understood well, the proper band/songs are :
John Layne and the Aeon’s Promise band - Red, White and Blue Chameleon
and
John Layne and the Aeon’s Promise band - 1st Grade

right ?

also how do the duration work ? are those 286 and 356 seconds ?

1 Like

I am guessing they actually simply didn’t want to do the work to become GDPR compliant. What a cop-out, if so.

Yea those are the ones. If youre looking for something more eclectic, i just released
Trippin His Creation Psychedelic…and a more hard rockin release called Rockin the Ages…too rockin for mainstream Christian thought, and too Christians for the rockers…lol…perfect…

Free mp3s at soundclick, free streams on reverbnation, also on spotify

I think seconds would be correct.