Post your covers! (2023)

Thank you very much I really appreciate your words :.) I’m also super happy you went and listened to them! By far my favorite band with just how much the deliver with each song and album.
And I shall most definitely do my best to try that; I’ve gotten into that habit since the strap would occasionally give me shoulder pain since I play for around 4 hours a day and the cross leg would help compensate but I’ll definitely fiddle with stuff a little to see if I can get that to work more comfortably. My thanks for the good advice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey stunning job @dlamson13 :metal: :metal: - that is one heck of a workout there !

How on earth did you memorise that piece? Were you reading while playing?

You know what, I might check out some Rush …

2 Likes

Good cover! I couldn’t make out the backing track very well on my system but the playing sounded solid, even at a reasonably fast pace. :+1:

2 Likes

So I put some new strings on the Rick (always an occasion!) and thought I’d have a quick crack at another Motörhead song - this time Desperate for You from Snake Bite Love. I also thought I’d try out some new shades to get in the mood!

I got the chords from Chordify and then played around with the positioning on the fretboard until it felt like a Motörhead song. It wasn’t too tricky really, but when you’re adding this much overdrive you can get away with a lot :slight_smile:

I also learned that I do not look as good as I thought in those shades!

9 Likes

@Ed, you’re becoming more Lemmy than Lemmy !

lemmy50

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Everyone knows this song. Solo by EVH. The Toto connection with Steve Porcaro on Drums and Steve Lukather on lead and bass guitar (talented boy). The original bass line is a mix of bass and synth.

In the video at the 1:40 mark I’m trying very hard to not get my ass handed to me by the river. It’s one of our local runs. The Granby River in BC at medium/high flow.

I started playing Bass in Nov 2020. Moises.ai app to remove the original bass line and overdub mine.

Cheers Amigos

Michael Jackson - Beat it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pexzHQiQNGw

HX Stomp
Comp - Line 6 Original Deluxe Compressor
Pre Amp - Mic Requisite Y7 mic preamp
Amp - Sunn Coliseum 300
Delay - Simple Delay (Line6)
Modulation - Retro Reel
Filter - Musitronics® Mu-Tron® III
MIM Fender Precision Bass
GHS Precision Flats
DAI - Focusrite Scarlett Solo

8 Likes

@Ed - you and that Rick are becoming one - love it.
You look so relaxed it’s as if you might take a nap (or just awoke from one).

As usual, never heard of this song (zip it @Mac) but you did a great job.

3 Likes

@Barney really great great great job on the tone matching the original!
I do think its way high in the mix though (don’t sweat it though brother, we know why, all good).
You played this really well, and, as I said in the comment to @Ed - you look soo relaxed as well - don’t take a few steps backwards for a bit of a nap, lol.

You are getting so good at these Mu-Tron sounding things.
You might just be our official Mr. 80s!

Excellent as usual!

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

:zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

I just left a bass lesson. 3rd week with this guy and I thought I was killin’ it, going in this week, knowing “EVERY NOTE” of AWB"s “Pick Up The Pieces.” Even practicing daily for the last week, something didn’t sound right. He quickly pointed out what my problem was, as he played… even knowing every note, my mechanical playing couldn’t make up for the lack of feeling the music I was playing. Clearly, not a problem you have. I have have noticed it in your other videos, but understand it even better now; your relaxed feel comes through in your playing and through to the notes and timing. Great job. You bastard.

8 Likes

I really appreciate it thank you :.)
Yeah I’m struggling to figure out how to make the background music (actual track) really clear and audible with my current setup but I very much so appreciate your words :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ending with that pre-bend was a very tastefully subtle choice. You don’t see people do that much on bass. Great job, being able to play music that is meaningful to you is a pretty amazing thing.

4 Likes

Its been too long since Mö-vember. Great to hear you rocking those dirty power chords again @Ed!

3 Likes

Can’t go wrong with that choice @Barney! Nice job with the timing, the verse sounds tricky since you have to drop the “1” sometimes. As for the kayaking, wow! Nice to see you made it out alive :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dang! @Ed How many fingers did you use man, lol. That’s awesome, superp! the intro alone caught my attention and kept it the whole way through. Great job man.

3 Likes

My appreciation for this comment is like-
Wow :.)
Thank you firstly, for noticing that; I thought it would a nice touch to close the fade-out with and I really appreciate how you worded that. It truly is a wonderful thing and my thanks to you for your words is truly immense. :.)

1 Like

Dang! I’m falling behind on these covers.
@Lieutax Great job! I’m not familiar with the song but love the tone you used.

@Ed That Rick sounds fantastic and the playing, awesome as usual.

@Barney A classic bass line executed flawlessly. Great job!

:+1:

3 Likes

Wow! that’s crazy man! Awesome job @dlamson13 Geddy would give you 2 thumbs up! That’s some crazy bass lines if you are tensed you can’t pull it off. Very inspiring!

2 Likes

Good job, @Lieutax your hard work paid off. your right hand is on auto pilot. Right on the dot til you came out of the trance, lol.

3 Likes