Post your covers! (2023)

There it is! Much better this time. Good job.

3 Likes

Thanks @Paul_9207 ! I felt i needed to redeem myself after that last one. I’m not taking it down either, to teach others

3 Likes

What a great song, I haven’t heard it since I was a kid. My mom was a huge Lionel Richie fan back then. Beautifully played!

2 Likes

Nicely done @JerryP. There is something satisfying about laying down a cover on a day off. I probably said it last time you used that bass, but I love the burst pattern on it.

1 Like

Thanks Dlamson! I really love this bass.

1 Like

Great job, you really captured the intensity and tone of this, love the song! I remember buying the CD (a few years before Napster got big lol) and I was disappointed because the other songs weren’t as good. But it would be pretty hard to make an album with 10 songs that good.

2 Likes

Excellent playing! Love the slides and vibrato and the way those octaves pop so nice. Been listening to la lot of Cory Wong stuff on my commute, it really mellows me out, kind of impossible to pissed off no matter what kind of traffic I hit.

3 Likes

Thanks @dlamson13 Check out Ellie, Wong said that he was with his daughter and had to deal with the chaos of the New York’s traffic it inspired him to write that song.

2 Likes

I just got this today. It’s a really nice bass and it feels pretty awesome. I love the color the hardware and most of all the white neck binding, lol. I’ve seen many people here are using one color or another I just love looking at it.

This is pretty much out of the box and a quick once over with the tuning and intonation and I put on one of the song I use to put the bass through its pace. It sounded great. It feels just as nice as the MIM Fender P bass I recently acquired. It looks just as good as my Made in USA Fender and sound just about the same as well. Kudos to the Squier Team for sure.

I was looking to even make a custom order to the Mod-shop with a similar color but I couldn’t even do that because they don’t offer gold hardware, Hmmm.

Anyways, this is a one take messing around tone testing on a Squier Precision Bass 40th Anniversary Gold edition.

Song
I Couldn’t Help Myself by Sarah Hickman.
Raise your hand if you’ve heard this song before.

https://youtu.be/CblQkP6ANLY

15 Likes

seems like the video is in private mode, @Al1885 !

1 Like

I just checked it should be ok now. It was loading to 4k, maybe that’s the reason it said private. Thanks @terb

2 Likes

This once again shows it’s the player not the bass.
Fantastic playing @Al1885 - not my cup of tea but really enjoyed your bass playing.

4 Likes

Crazy busy work week with no bass practice at all. So just sitting down to catch up with a fantastic cover to start.

I’ve never heard this song before @Justin3 but man this sounds sweet. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

That’s so interesting because it’s my favorite track of his so far (still discovering). He really takes the listener on a journey, one of his more complex arrangements.

Ok, I’m caught up.

Great stuff as usual from @JerryP and @Paul_9207 enjoyed them both.

Apart from the top playing @Al1885 your video editing game has stepped up a notch. Good fun.

Shout out to @groaner for using the constructive criticism he received and rerecording his cover. If this were a different part of the internet you’d have been lambasted, but not here. Nice work.

6 Likes

Thanks @John_E

Our singer has an old soul and she really loves to sing her face off, lol. She loves this song and other similar sweet and corny ballads.

1 Like

Thabks @Barney

I’m still working on my Final Cut Pro but this is still iMovie but instead of using it on iPad Pro I used my Mac. Lol. I tried the fancy audio wave syncing but in the end just a simple quarterly note count and cut works best, ha ha.

1 Like

Reposted from 50 Song Challenge #43:
Here is my take on Iron Man. I went fretless, is this blasphemy? You decide, let me know either way :slight_smile: Like most Sabbath, it has a bunch of great riffs and super fun to play loud but…the end is literally painful, those 32nd notes, I did my best to try and keep up.

13 Likes

Holy Crap! @dlamson13, 3 plugging fingers? lol. It’s fun eh? especially in the middle. That’s an awesome cover man. Love me some Geezer action here. great job.

2 Likes

Awesome playing Al! Never heard the song but I really liked it. Great job!

2 Likes