Post your covers! (2024)

That sounds fabulous. It’s a lot harder than it looks to stay in time at that tempo for the whole song. There’s nowhere to hide.

:coconut::coconut::coconut::coconut::coconut::cherries:

3 Likes

Cake - Pretty Pink Ribbon

16 Likes

Hi, can I post on here my bass covers and get feedback from all of u? I am a Christian worship bass player and have recorded a bunch of songs to different songs and would like feedback from other bass players.

Is this possible?

3 Likes

Hey @Randall_M_Deming , this is exactly the purpose of this thread :grin:

I just ask you to write clearly on your posts the author and name of the song, like @Johnnyb just did on his post just before yours.

3 Likes

Truth brother!
That @Barney is a smart cookie.

Great playing, love that bass.
Tone is fantastic.
Did you fire the drummer? :rofl: :thinking: :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

If not orginal compositions, yes.
If they are original compositions, they go here:

4 Likes

Smart no, smart ass? Yes.

@Paul_9207 and I are on the same page. Play every day, record yourself and be open to feedback. My timing is still my weak spot but playing every day with a drum machine is improving that.

6 Likes

He’s not as good of a drummer as I’d like him to be. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I have finally gotten round to working out how I record both audio and video! So here’s a link to my first bass cover, Green Day’s Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

Clearly, I have to thank @JoshFossgreen for B2B. Back in August ‘23, I never would have thought I’d be able to take a song like this and learn the bass part over just a few days!

17 Likes

Wow, great first cover. Good work.

4 Likes

Very solid playing Johnny! Sounded great

3 Likes

Sounds great! get a few more of these under your belt and you’ll be hooked for the long run.

3 Likes

Oh, there’s more :rofl:

The course look longer than expected because I kept getting distracted learning songs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

:grinning:

3 Likes

excellent first cover @sunDOG ! it’s always a joy to ear that chopping tremolo on the intro, remembers old memories :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you @Paul_9207 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That ‘chopping’ guitar sound can also be found in the Mel C track, GO.

I think the Mel C track pre-dates the Green Day song by 3 or 4 years.

4 Likes

Awesome Paul! You make that song look easy.

1 Like

Another great cover JohnnyB! and great video production.

2 Likes

Excellent first cover sunDOG! Keep 'em coming.

2 Likes