Thanks man.

2 Likes

Great job!

2 Likes

Sounds good man!

3 Likes

Thanks MB

3 Likes

Big shout out to @John_E on this one. You recommended the “Nick of Time” album a while back and man you were right. Great basslines, guitars, songs, production – an all around gem. I always liked Bonnie when I heard her sing and play slide but never actually listened closely to her stuff until you recommended it. As usual, I’m playing my trusty Squier Classic Vibe fretless. I feel like fretless bass and slide guitar share the same spirit and belong together. Thanks for checking it out

Thing Called Love - Bonnie Raitt

17 Likes

Good call, that was great!

2 Likes

Thank you @John_E I just have a little bit of imposter syndrome when it comes to certain aspects of playing

2 Likes

Dude, you rocked that!

3 Likes

Agreed. Ran down minutes after they went on sale.

7 Likes

I wanted to share one more high energy song because this one had some crazy bass slides that I’ve been working on and was happy to get that tore up my fingers and gave me a nasty blister on my middle finger. This was my personal challenge song for April because I wanted to work on slides without overshooting the frets since my goal is to keep progressing to playing faster and higher energy songs with more interesting bass lines.

And also I feel like I finally got an aggressive and punchy tone out of my Fender Jazz that took a bit of EQ to get that I was pretty happy about. And maybe I’m doing it wrong but it’s been hard for me to get such a tone out of it compared to my Spector.

Underoath - In Regards to Myself

13 Likes

That’s easily my favourite cover! We had a great time watching it … and the swearing & giggling makes it even better!!!

2 Likes

That’s going to be a great show, nice!

3 Likes

Thanks @fennario!

2 Likes

Love Bonnie Raitt. Great cover @dlamson13 !

2 Likes

Very intense. Awesome job @BumbleJazz !

2 Likes

Sounds great bud

3 Likes

Rough take: Warning by Black Sabbath

So I discovered that music played via aux in on my Rumble 40 does indeed get sent over XLR out to my interface, which I connect to my phone as audio input for the camera. The mix is a bit bass-heavy, but this seems like it will be a good way to make “quick n dirty” cover videos, while I will probably still learn to sync audio and video to make better videos when I finish learning (and recording any other parts I’ll cover) a song.

11 Likes

nive cover @alesplin

May I ask you, as well as to all people new to this thread, to please write clearly the artist and the name of the song in your post, like : “Artist - Name of the song” when you release a cover ? It helps me a lot because I’m keeping a listing of all covers. thanks !

3 Likes

Of course–post updated. Thanks.

4 Likes