Post your covers! (2024)

Solid again @TheMadBassist !

3 Likes

Man, you’re not kidding! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You’ll see that in all my fingerstyle videos because I can’t seem to make it stop doing that! :grimacing: I’ve even been meaning to start a thread up asking if anybody else has suffered from and been able to overcome this affliction so I can figure out how to.

If I focus too much on getting it to stay put, it distracts from my playing and I make a bunch of dumb mistakes. And as soon as I stop trying to make it behave… boing! There it goes, off to the other room.

I’m still entertaining the possibility of taping it to my ring finger for a while to train it not to fly away. :rofl:

4 Likes

here is snippet of ‘yellow’ by coldplay by a new bass player!

tomorrow marks a week since picking up the bass for me!! i have an instagram where i like to post about all of the concerts i go to, and i thought it would be a fun place to document my bass learning journey!

10 Likes

Basstacular playing! That’s great progress! The Radiohead cover was excellent as well!

5 Likes

That’s cool, after just two weeks ! you look ready to post full covers already :grin:

6 Likes

Fantastic that you are sharing so early, great job!

Consider posting non-full tunes here, and keep 'em coming!!..

4 Likes

I watched your other bass videos.
You are a natural! That’s a lot of progress so fast!
You have chosen the right instrument IMO!!!

7 Likes

Sweet! Thanks buddy I appreciate that!

4 Likes

Thanks again amigo!! Got two more coming next Friday! Woot woot :facepunch::rofl:

4 Likes

Awesome job, especially being a new bassist!! And I really like that Yamaha bass too, beautiful color :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Where’s the post on how to get everything set up for music and video? I saw it somewhere but dummy me can’t remember where.

2 Likes

Well… did a couple, but in typical youtube fashion, “blocked in some countries” (kinda butchered bits of the first one anyway I suppose, so…:sweat_smile:)

But we’ll try anyway… lol

Audioslave - I Am The Highway

Kasabian - Re-Wired

8 Likes

Perfect, thanks

1 Like

I’ve been doing personal monthly song challenges and February was originally going to be Cult of Personality but I’m not quite ready for it yet lol. Hopefully later this year I can do it. So to make up for it I made February a monthly theme with 14 songs throughout the month for Valentine’s Day.

Here was a fun one I learned:

Fifty Fifty - Cupid

13 Likes

Just to prove that I can do a bit more than chug 8ths!

This is an interpretation of the bass line from Duffy’s song, Mercy. I say an interpretation because I think the original was recorded on a 5-string and I have a 4, meaning I could not get to a 5th below the low G. Having done my own thing there, I then improvised around other parts of the song, just for fun!

I actually first heard this song in a shop last summer, just after I started to learn the bass. I could not play it then, but I can now :metal:

I love the groove this song has! I even threw in a bit of dad dancing :rofl:

Duffy - Mercy

One again, it’s the Dingwall into the Scarlett Solo, then on into GarageBand on a iPhone, with the video shot on second iPhone.

9 Likes

I probably rushed this a bit, I just learned it yesterday and thought it would be a good idea to make a video. I love this song though and the bass is just so cool. I think what I ended up with sounds good, the part in the middle though, I just forgot where I was and… eh… whatever. It was fun to use the Squier 40th Anniversary on this one.

The Cure - Sinking

been playing bass since march 2020
original bass removed with Moises

14 Likes

Great tone on that!

6 Likes

Great work - I love the Squier 40th anniversary - and I see you have the gold edition :ok_hand:

Nice chorus effect btw!

5 Likes

Great job Paul!

4 Likes

So. first ever cover by yours truly. Please discount the opening line, I’ve yet to figure out how to add a count in in Ableton. Played with more passion than precision I think, but had a blast doing this.

17 Likes