Post your covers! (2024)

Nice playing, not crazy about tone, almost sounds a bit out fo tune.

2 Likes

Nice again @Justin3

3 Likes

The bass was in tune - tuned it immediately before playing. The only effect was compression.

A lot of Soft Cell sounds a bit out - I think it’s a function of Marc Almond’s voice! :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks brother I appreciate that!

2 Likes

Thanks John!

Thanks, I’ve been messing with slapping the fretless the last few months. It’s a weird but cool sound in it’s own way. Also, it’s the only bass I have at the moment, Fernandes is loaned to a friend, sold the Schecter cuz I wasn’t playing it.

2 Likes

Superb tone cheeze_pizza, and a nice and focus playing… Great !

2 Likes

wow, great job ! “quite a workout” seems almost an understatement.
:+1:

3 Likes

Ummmm, experiments in tone. After a bit of feedback from @John_E , I had another listen to this mornings cover and thought, umm, I’m not sure I like that! I’d double tracked the bass line and it sounded messy. So I’ve had another go.

This time, it’s a single bass line with some compresson, phaser and chorus on it. It sounds cleaner (no bouncing of notes from slightly out of synch tracks) and I have placed it further back in the mix, so it is not so dominating.

I’m happier with it, but it’s still not perfect!

Lessons:

1. Don’t rush to publish a track - I was under pressure this morning as we had family stuff to do
  2. If doubling tracks, it’s important get them perfectly in sync - hard, time consuming, but ultimately worth it.
  3. Listen to feedback!

Soft Cell - Torch

10 Likes

That was awesome Dan! Slapping is one technique I don’t think I’ll ever master. You make it look too easy.

3 Likes

Great job Justin!

2 Likes

Marc Almond is amazing, no shade allowed :rofl:

I love your cover selections BTW.

3 Likes

I’ve another Soft Cell song for this coming week :wink:

3 Likes

Please say it’s Sex Dwarf :rofl:

3 Likes

Now there’s a tune that elicits memories….!

2 Likes

Rancid - Time Bomb

13 Likes

That felt like a Buzz Bomb! The 1/4 note phrasing really sets up the 1/8 note bombardments!

4 Likes

I love the “banned” video :rofl:

And yeah… lots of club memories attached to that one.

3 Likes

Ooo nice work there @dlamson13 - rock solid on the rhythm and those slides must have taken some practice :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Valentine’s is round the corner and Ed is feeling a bit soppy. So today I bring you Daydream Believer by the Monkees :hear_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :hear_no_evil:

The Hofner was perfect for this - just the AG750 sim on the Zoom

16 Likes

Awesome! Well done. Always loved that song for some reason, probably the Shonen Knife cover.

Believe it or not, I hear this all the time. Usually a muzak version though, 7-11 here uses it as a jingle.

4 Likes