Post your covers! (2024)

the problem with Rumble is that it doesn’t work everywhere :confused:

rumble

@TheMadBassist I’ve been able to watch your last cover with Tor, but I’m not sure that everyone can see it, depending on the country :confused: those copyright things are a pain in the *ss for all our cover thing, really :confused:

3 Likes

Oh wow! I had no clue. That’s crazy! I hope the laws get changed, it really does sound like a hassle.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Yea I dig them too, great band!!

2 Likes

I’m searching for more informations about Rumble. It seems that it’s blocked only in France, and is obviously still accessible from a non-French IP address, with a VPN.

(By the way, I’m not very surprised but it’s kinda shocking to me that we have a “partial” internet, filtered by the choices of the government, exactly like in China.)

3 Likes

Wonder why only France blocks it? That’s really insane :man_shrugging::man_facepalming::weary:

3 Likes

that’s because the French governement decided to ban a few Russians information channels, and Rumble refused to remove those channels. So Rumble has been forbidden in France to avoid becoming illegal.

4 Likes

Gotcha. That’s a shame!! Sheesh :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight

So here’s my first cover! I’ve been learning bass just over 6 months now and even less time trying to figure out the recording process, and this is my first cover. Loads of things wrong with it but please ignore the fretting pinky which I mostly keep out of the way due to arthritis!

I separated the bass line using moises and recorded using a focusrite and Ableton Live Lite. The video was done on a virb (similar concept to the GoPros).

16 Likes

Congrats for this first cover, your playing is really clean for only 6 month of practice !

One thing to know for your upcoming covers :

4 Likes

Oh whoops I’ve seen that and thought I must remember to do it. Huh so much for my memory! Will go and edit now!

4 Likes

no problem, thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

International law around a bunch of software related things has been very complicated since the GDPR and subsequent local country differences. The good news is it’s usually easier for places to just adopt those changes globally and so usually this equates to everyone getting the same protections offered to users as people in Europe would. Occasionally it leads to things like this though.

The US has similar laws in the works so this trend will continue.

4 Likes

Apologies, being new here I wasn’t aware of this ongoing request. Also due to being new, I didn’t have the required permission levels needed in order to edit my post and add it. Now that I am able to edit posts, I’ve gone back and added this in. Will keep it mind for future posts as well. Cheers!

4 Likes

no problem @fennario , thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great to see both @SteppenWolf and @HighlandBass knocking out solid first covers.

No notes, happy to see more people giving it a go. :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon:

5 Likes

that sounded great! way better than my first cover!

5 Likes

Thanks!, yeah the fast pacing is tricky, i also spent nearly a month just building up my speed gradually while trying to keep the notes clean. Keep at it & you’ll get there.

5 Likes

Excellent first cover @HighlandBass ! Nice mix as well.

2 Likes

Had some time to kill today. Still fighting off a pinched nerve but was bored from being off work, so I figured I’d learn this and record. The timing had me for a spell with the off beats haha but I think it came out decent. Hope you enjoy my cover of The Police (Roxanne) https://youtu.be/8zzoc4iov5E?si=iZrWsI-P05UKwHrn

9 Likes

Excellent job!

4 Likes