Post your covers! (2024)

Yea, some of the videos come out halfway decent and others are blah sounding. I don’t change anything on my amp or basses. I can’t figure it out. Once I can get a new laptop, I’ll start trying to use the interface and make the sound quality better. For now, I have two choices, have fun doing videos with what I have to work with, or quit for however long it takes me to buy new equipment. I’d rather continue to do what I love but certainly don’t want to post videos that are unappealing or whatever. It is what it is at the moment. Thanks though. Yea, maybe the tree was a good omen :blush:

4 Likes

Killer cover. Great playing. I dunno if it was just me hoping for it but I coulda swore that I saw the bird head banging a bit at the beginning. Ha ha.

2 Likes

Thanks John. They’re one of my all time favorites!!

1 Like

Thanks man. I recorded this one with a couple of different sounds, and I liked the klangy one best!! Went for the Maiden-type bass vibe…

1 Like

Yeah… she’s a metalhead at heart.

2 Likes

Thanks! It helps that this is a really chill song and you can get lost in it and relax while playing lol

1 Like

Thank you @John_E! As I said, I’ve fallen down a Sonics rabbit hole; there is more to come!!

My daughter enjoyed the camera work - she’s 9 (I’m nearly 10 Daddy!), so this could become a ‘thing’ :wink:

1 Like

Finally getting around to cross-posting this cover from the 50 songs.

Song no. 45

Earth, Wind, and Fire - September

Badeeya! :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

A second dispatch from The Sonics rabbit hole. This time, Cinderella!

The Sonics - Cinderella

This video was shot on a very cold beach in Swanage, Dorset, U.K., by my 9 year old
(I’m nearly 10, Daddy) daughter. Obviously, you can’t see the PA we set up down there for the shoot, or my wireless connection :wink:

Once again, I used the Steinberger, direct into GarageBand, via the Scarlett Solo. In GarageBand, I utilised the Classic Amp simulation, plus a bit of overdrive to get the tone I wanted.

The bass track was played twice.

—————

The Sonics are an American garage rock band from Tacoma, Washington, that formed in 1960… Their aggressive, hard-edged sound has is cited as a major influence on punk and garage music worldwide, and they have been cited as inspiration to the White Stripes and Nirvana.

14 Likes

Punk was not dead in the 60s :slight_smile:
Great!

2 Likes

Punk is not dead now :rofl:

3 Likes

Punk was dead in the early 80s already! And it’s corpe was violated when people called “Green Day” (which was actually just New Kids on The Block with guitars) Punk!

1 Like

This is so wrong it is, as Wolfgang Pauli put it, “not just not right, it’s not even wrong”.

In fact hardcore punk wasn’t even really getting started until the early '80s.

Punk is alive and well today, and has been all along. It’s just morphed a bit over time.

Punk is doing just fine :rofl:

6 Likes

In Germany we called those guys “Wochenend Punks” (Weekend Punks).
But that was on the good old 80s :slight_smile:

First cover of the year for me.

I started playing again after a year-long break. Let me know what you think.

[Earth Wind and Fire - September]

Edit: why YouTube doesn’t show the image preview of the video?

17 Likes

Nice job!
Very hard tune to keep the groove to and you did a pretty good job.

If you have anything on the same line as the link when you paste it, even a space, it doesn’t embed right FYI

3 Likes

Thank you! Now it works

2 Likes

Hi @Diego317 , welcome and congrats on your first cover ! :v::grin:

3 Likes

Ok ,this is an old post, but I started to do the same - that is really a great idea!

2 Likes

Thank you @terb! Hope it’s the first of a long series :upside_down_face:

2 Likes