Post your covers! (2024)

Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots - Disco Duck (1976) bass cover

13 Likes

Johnny Paycheck - Take This Job and Shove It (1977) bass cover

11 Likes

Thanks @JerryP!

1 Like

Great playing as usual. Those disco octaves were smoother than an ironed shirt. I’m messing around with “Funkytown” by Lipps Inc. right now so I’m gaining a greater appreciation for the technique. I’m using it to build up my endurance because I can feel the burn pumpin’ out those octaves. Keep crushin’ it.

1 Like

Very nice double header Justin!

1 Like

That’s fun, @Justin3

2 Likes

That’s pretty dang good! I love this type of blues jamming! I hope to get there one of these days! Thanks for the inspiration! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Jerry

1 Like

Thanks man

1 Like

ABBA, but not as you know it :wink:

Ash - Does Your Mother Know?

Super-fun to play!

Dingwall Combustion into GarageBand, via Hotone Ampero One for distorted bass tone.

Video by my daughter.

9 Likes

Nice job. Cool take on Abba. I like the alternative sound. Also, top shelf camera work per usual.

2 Likes

we have a thread for compositions :slight_smile:

Post your original songs/compositions!

1 Like

EDDIE MONEY - TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT https://youtu.be/33JSvZLz4ww?si=T_rbtp5e03BD96cS So continuing my love for 80’s music, this week my offering to the forum is from the great Eddie Money! I’ve always loved his music so I guess it’s a no brainer to cover this. Thanks for watching and hope you enjoy! Have a great weekend my fellow low downs :facepunch::sunglasses:

5 Likes

That was so smooth! What a nice groove :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Your blues journey is really coming along, great work!

I remember noticing this too when I was starting out. My theory here is that we start out playing soft as a way to hide our mistakes, but when we dig in, we’re forced to commit to the notes, almost like we’re saying “Good or Bad, everybody’s hearing this sh!t” :rofl: and this leads to more organic and intentional playing.

Exactly! Over time you’ll be able to harness dynamics more, but for now, dig in, sounding great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Appreciating the 80s love, nice choice and great playing MB!

3 Likes

Do I Look Worried - Tedeschi Trucks Band
One of my favorite songs TTB… when I finished the BB course this was one of the first songs I wanted to play…finally came full circle in 4 years

7 Likes

That was my exact intention while playing … "Good or Bad…here it is… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks buddy!! Got another great 80’s tune planned for either next week or two weeks away, depending on time of course. Love me some 80’s :facepunch::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Sugababes - Freak Like Me

Super-fun to play!

Hagstrom into GarageBand, via the Scarlett Solo, no effects, no processing. Last outing for the Hagstrom, it’s now been traded!

Video by my daughter.

7 Likes