Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Very nicely done @bjams! Great tone and mix.
:+1:

6 Likes

Killer! Great feel and lovely 1/8th notes in those choruses!
Solid groove throughout and nice sound. I dig this.

7 Likes

Great cover, and played well on the right bass. Duck Dunn is one of my biggest influences. His lines always serve the song, and are often more complex than a casual listening would suggest. As you mention, there is some fun syncopation going on - and he does that a lot.

5 Likes

excellent cover @bjams ! you played it with a great groove and a very appropriate tone, I really enjoyed listening to it. also a great song choice !

6 Likes

100% spot on @bjams ! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Here’s my drums & bass cover of Foo Fighters ‘Learn to Fly’.
Sooo … twice as many mistakes as usual for you to enjoy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Drums and bass were 100% removed with the Moises app and reinstated with: Crush Chameleon Ash drum set, Ludwig Supraphonic snare, Meinl cymbals, LP tambourine, Serek Midwestern 2 bass. The audio interface is a RME Fireface UC. All sounds mixed in Reaper.

https://youtu.be/Pq-b2Er-WHY

22 Likes

Awesome! The whole rhythm section :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you. Not sure that’s completely correct in this case though, as the Foos use 2 or 3 rhythm guitar parts :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Nice! You added quite a bit of fills and flourishes that sounded cool! When I played with the band on it I stuck to just the original line, minus on a transfer part. Very well done!

6 Likes

that’s excellent @sfadams ! I really like those multiple-instruments cover and you nailed this song !

4 Likes

How did you record into the DAW while also recording you playing it on video? I haven’t figured this one out yet.

4 Likes

Nice job Kurt @kerushlow,
Great groove,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice cover @bjams,
Don’t know the song, but you played it really nicely,
You were right in the groove​:+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Many thanks @terb, glad you liked it.

4 Likes

Great job @sfadams, on all angles.
When are ya gunna add a bit of guitar to your covers :joy::rofl::joy:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Using ADAT. But … not straightforward. I found this video the most help (I have nearly the exact same gear and same DAW as this guy, except I don’t use the Behringer mic preamps he has):

It’s actually a helpful video because he admits he makes some rookie errors and explains why and how he worked around it.

3 Likes

Cheers @TNKA36. Six strings scare me! I might start to add some singing though, just for kicks.

4 Likes

Thanks. Yes a bit of improvisation in both parts. Some of my bass fills ‘clashed’ a bit with the drum fills, but nothing disastrous I hope.

5 Likes

Not at all man, gave it some nice flavor!

5 Likes

Oops, never mind "Learn to Fly’, I need to learn to read: I just realised I didn’t address the video part of your question. That part is simpler: I discard the camera audio (to use the video only), and import the rendered .wav file from the Reaper session, then I spend a few minutes synching up the camera video and Reaper audio files in Adobe Premiere Pro.

4 Likes