Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Wow! Any lack of smoothness in the editing is overshadowed by fantastic playing and the bass beauty pageant :heart_eyes: Great stuff!!

2 Likes

Thank you kindly @stevesilver925

2 Likes

Mose excellent @Al1885 - So damn smooth and enjoyable! Nailed it!!

2 Likes

Thanks @Lanny watching your video, and @John_E and @JerryP really got my butt on fire and make the time, lol. I gotta find the way to streamline the process the last video was easy enough.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this qualifies as a cover It’s a Jaco inspired ballad piece. I had to make a 2 track as I’m still working on playing a few notes simultaneously and still keep the vibrato, lol.

Here’s Feugo

10 Likes

That’s cool ! Not sure if the light saturation is here on purpose but I like it :slight_smile:

I guess this song could fit to the thread : Post your original compositions

4 Likes

I can realistically work on one tune at a time, maybe mess around with a few, but not be able to record start to end so many.
you are da man @Al1885

5 Likes

Thabks @terb

It’s not original either, I’ve ingeniously stole it, lol.

Sorry misspoke not ingeniously, shamelessly.

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E. I have no excuse I’m desperately trying to catch up to you and @JerryP as well as @terb and @TNKA36, lol. I have 7 more days left.
Not to mention @terb already warned us about the report card he’s putting out at the end of the year ha ha.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s cool, the counts will start again the january 1st. No pressure :v::grin:

3 Likes

My last cover of the year… TOM SAWYER…

Not a great cover, but this song was on my 2022 list to do, and with the onset of “uncontrollable tremors” due to old age, I needed to get this one done before things get worse… Gonna stick to “Old/Slow” bass covers from here on out… :grinning: :grinning:

I put this one together for the Submarine Force that I served in from 1971 - 1977… 50 years ago this Christmas, we were on one of our many deployments to the South China Sea off the coast of Vietnam… Things didn’t go too well out there for us at that time and we ended up in the shipyard in Yokosuka Japan for a month getting repairs to the boat (Submarines are called “Boats”) taken care of…

Not my best bass performance, and there are some timing issues, but it (audio and video) was all done in one take.

Merry Christmas!! And Happy New Year!!

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

https://youtu.be/0AGf-diWqzM

17 Likes

Whoa @Lanny - bummer on the tremors….golden years my ass.

Great job on this regardless, a milestone tune for sure.
Sounded great. Tone is fab.

5 Likes

Merry Christmas @Lanny and thank you for giving up all those Christmases back then to serve. Wishing you all the best with those tremors. I really enjoyed that, love Rush! You did great, much better than I can play it. I had to laugh when you were wiggling you fingers before that fast part, I do the exact same thing. This is so much fun to play and great way to end the year.

4 Likes

Great cover @Lanny .
I don’t know about mistakes but I can tell you that if I had played that as well as you just did in one take I would be grinning like a demented fool.

Merry Christmas and thank you for your service

4 Likes

Whoa! This is intense! Great Job @Lanny This is the first Rush cover I’ve seen here, Kudos my man! At the break I was there with you buddy, if I play that song I’d me shaking lose the same way, lol.

I love it! I missed Neil Peart playing. One take with that intensity is awesome. I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Thanks for your service, and happy holidays.

2 Likes

SLAP THE P BASS!!!

Honestly that guy…
Anyway it was pretty hard staying consistent, had a few screwups.
Originally played by legendary Thunderthumbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLH5Py-K_Ms

Gear used:

• Fender Player Series Precision Bass
  • Universal Audio Volt 1
  • Amplitube 5
  • Lalal.ai for removal of original bass

Amp sim:

• GK MB 150 S
  • 2x10 SVX-500
  • 1x15 OBC 115
  • Fender Compressor

Older strings used, pretty good to emulate flatwounds.

13 Likes

Impressive playing and excellent groove, as always :sunglasses: also a great tone ! perfect !

3 Likes

@terb Thanks man.

@Lanny Awesome cover and very good playing, but next time edit in eagle flying by. :smiley:

@Al1885 Wherever I lay my hat! You can not love sound of fretless. Awesome emotion transfer!

4 Likes

That was fantastic @Growl
You groove man.

4 Likes

Aahh… nice!. I love those mellow tunes with minimal number of instruments. Great job!
:+1:

2 Likes