Post your covers! (2019-2022)

And thus Beatles doom stoner metal was invented :grinning:

6 Likes

Iā€™m actually thinking of converting either my Hofner violin bass or my Hofner club bass to BEAD. What say ye?

3 Likes

Do you think Beds are Burning comes close to that category?

3 Likes

No :slight_smile:

(Thatā€™s the 5-er @John_E is going to buy, played by the guy it is named after :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

LOL okay, I guess Iā€™ve been schooled. I donā€™t know much about stoner metal other than it makes me cringe when I hear it :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not stoner, thatā€™s prog, but understood :slight_smile:

4 Likes

DO IT! I want to hear it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe
Iā€™m still researching. And thinking. I do a lot of thinking before pulling triggers. There is also another 4-string that I know is being listed (be careful when you ask people to let you know if they ever decide to sell a bass they Have and you want, sometimes the smallest push triggers them to sell) that is on my must buy so may push out the 5er.

That said, I sold two saxophone this week with a third for sale that may just pay for both of them

2 Likes

I hope youā€™re not liquidating all your saxes! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Oh no, 2 of these were ā€˜placeholdersā€™ until i found the rarer models (which I have) and one was an ā€˜extensionā€™ of the collection that Iā€™ve decided I really donā€™t want to extend to. So no love lost in any of them.

BTW, #3 just sold!

2 Likes

Iā€™d place that more in the hard rock category but that is a great sound for such a small bass :ok_hand:. Guess Iā€™d better fork out for some new stringsā€¦

2 Likes

Those are the LaBella Hofner exclusive strings. They sound great.

2 Likes

This is great! I really enjoyed it and simply had to leave a note in the comment section at your site. You rock, @PamPurrs !

3 Likes

WoW! Just WoW! , John. It was really enjoyable, the slides are little bit anxious, but it will come with time like everything. I sometimes have to remind myself that I am talking Bass here with people who actually can play. Great place. John, you killed it.

4 Likes

Thank you @wellbi

2 Likes

Thanks @wellbi
Ya first attempt. Close enough. Not to look for more music suited to fretless that I like to dial in.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t Jack Bruce use a fretless?

2 Likes

Awesome job man. Love me some Pink Floyd.

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

I saw Tame Impala live and their bass player used a Hofner 90% of the show while being a very modern band.

3 Likes