Post your original songs/compositions!

Just added some guitar tracks from an online guitarist to a couple of my demos and they are starting to take shape. I write these little riffs on bass with my limited knowledge and inexperience using a drum track, but once rhythm and lead guitar are added by someone who actually knows what they are doing… somehow magic happens and they start sounding a bit like actual songs!

7 Likes

Watch out for that call from Quentin Tarantino, @lee_editorial :smile:

4 Likes

Cosmic surf’s up, dude!

2 Likes

@lee_editorial Thanks for posting this. It’s cool to see people working on different stuff. Adding the drum/bass only versions was a nice touch. :+1:

2 Likes

that’s very … surf … :sunglasses:

sounds like dorian mode sometimes ?

3 Likes

@terb awesome “post-desert-rock mess” :star_struck::star_struck::metal:

4 Likes

I’ve just done a couple songs.

Played fretless electric bass on this one. Someone else did some atmospheric upright bass that you might notice. This was 20 years ago. Got on local radio.

And this is just something I knocked up while learning GarageBand that I quite like. No electric bass though as this is a digital dance track. I’m a Daft Punk fan, though this isn’t anywhere near that standard. :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

that’s cool @JT !

2 Likes

I like where the bass sat in that first song, following the vocals instead of the guitar made both stand out. Pretty cool.

1 Like

as @howard is talking about post-rock on another thread, I just remembered I actually played in a post-rock band, back in 2013 :grin: so here is your chance to ear the pre-BassBuzz Greenie (+ BDI21 + Ampeg BA115-HPT) during an approximative rehersal record. well, let’s say it’s a bootleg, but it’s also a (unfinished) post-rock song :

11 Likes

@terb Very cool jam. That sounded like a hell of a lot of fun to play.

1 Like

My first try :see_no_evil:
https://soundcloud.com/dononyx/urban

11 Likes

I like it! Both the rhythm and the tone are great. Cool bassline.

1 Like

yeah sounds really really good ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you @howard @terb :blush:
It means the world to me :partying_face::upside_down_face::star_struck:

1 Like

Well done, @DonOnyx.
I love that you’re composing and posting!
Keep on that good stuff!

2 Likes

I’d kinda played around with Ableton before, quite a few years back but just ended up with a handful of loops and never finished a track.
I also made a couple of weird electronic tracks on my phone but got frustrated by my lack of musical knowledge.

Recently I’ve really been wanting to learn Ableton though and hopefully apply some of that BassBuzz music theory!

Apparently it’s been 5 years since I tried to make something and there’s no bass guitar in this but here’s a thing I made last week.

10 Likes

Hi all,

I love this thread and love hearing everyone’s music! I’m excited to start working on my own stuff once I get a further along in the course.

In the meantime, I have a nice set-up to record my Yamaha e-drums so if anyone wants “a real drummer” to lay down a track, let me know. I just need an audio file to import into Logic Pro and then I can send the drum recording back as an audio or midi file. Just let me know!

7 Likes

I just hear the first seconds because an internet problem :frowning: very frustrating, your song sounds promising ! can’t wait to ear it fully !

3 Likes

@infra
I’m really digging this!! Has sort of an early 80s Cure vibe and atmosphere. Nice job

2 Likes