Post your original songs/compositions!

I would upload some more original stuff but my iMac hard drive died after 9 years and I am awaiting my new one to upgrade it and get back running again. Good work everyone on the songs and compositions.

3 Likes

Ouch!

thanks for reminding me to check my backups.

1 Like

Thanks Howard :slight_smile:

Yeah we had some fun with some patches originally via Ableton, but for a live set I can reproduce the same effect with a chorus, phase shifter and some fuzz. Pedal board is full on red lights when I play this track!!

Yeah those lyrics are slightly better than previous ones as it’s easy to oversing this song if you’re not careful.

That recording is a custom made one in Ableton but our drummer has listened to what we wanted and produces the same, if not better when we play live. He’s started singing on it now too so they take it in turns. I’ve got my hands full with the bass as it is! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh man I really respect drummers that can sing while keeping time. I have no idea how Grant Hart did it.

1 Like

@Gabriel1

What is going on here? That’s amazingly funky and good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah we got lucky with this guy - he’s already fronted two bands and is now in-between jobs as it were. He sings, drums and is mainly a guitarist, and he’s showing us lots of arrangement and composing tricks that he’d use live.

Yes, he’s one of those people that can just play anything. Talented bastard :smiley:

4 Likes

@howard I was an Apple technician for a few years so I can fix most of my own issues with my stuff. I did run Time Machine backups constantly so I have everything I need. I had a 1Tb hard drive and I am upgrading to a 4tb Ssd drive. A MacBook or iMac if taken care of should last a good 8-9 years I guess I am lucky to know it made it 9 years without a hiccup

3 Likes

I’ve got a late 2013 iMac . . . can’t upgrade it to the next new OS, but am happy with it being ‘stuck’ on Catalina 10.15.7

2 Likes

We have a 2011 iMac we still use for videos, yeah :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jazzbass19 anything after late 2012 iMac should be able to go to the latest upgrade of big sur I have a 2012 that I bought maxed out and I was running Big Sur although I liked Mojave better.

1 Like

I usually do not do any upgrades for at least 6 months because they always have to work out some kinks

Understood, @LesterH . . . I usually wait a month or two for an upgrade :slight_smile: But this year I haven’t received anything except software and security updates.

OK . . . will keep an eye out for it, then. Thanks, Joe

2 Likes

thank you so much Howard! i am really trying to combine music styles in my music!

2 Likes

I hope that this will stay beautiful…(at least to my ears) at the end of the road . I mean the mix with the other instruments !

2 Likes

I bet it will sound amazing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :relaxed:

1 Like

@Gabriel1

Very cool funk groove you got going, especially that part that starts at about 2:35. You get some drums and maybe keys and it will sound killer! Nice work-
Look forward to hearing more.

2 Likes

@quadfather

You are speaking my language here…
LOVE this!!! Inspires me to try and create something more in this direction. I really like this sound, good work

4 Likes

Thank you!! Yes that part is my favourite! I ll feed you with any updates in the future

3 Likes

Yeah it’s seriously good, @quadfather - reminds me of sort of Seventeen Seconds-era Cure, maybe crossed with something like The Church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0MIY8QdKfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCPC_5j1Few

1 Like