Post your original songs/compositions!

Zushi mayor has asked their residents to limit being out of the house to work and essential activities only. 158 cases on base and they are jabbing needles into people left right and center…I’m hoping my number comes up quick. Enlisted club is shut down, childcare is closed, chilis closed, schools may open on tuesday, 2000 curfew and you must be in YOUR residence, gathering 5 people or less violations will get you hauled in and booked, mass transit is off limits…getting rough here.

3 Likes

I guess Zushi is lucky it’s now and not five months from now - gonna be a mess then.

It sounds like general vaccine availability will happen Feb-Mar. Last projection I saw was 1-2 years to effective coverage. I wouldn’t make plans in general for 2021 and I’m kind of amazed they haven’t canceled the Olympics again yet - they are clearly not happening.

3 Likes

Very nice @Tokyo_Rat,
Could listen to this type of music all day😎
The laid back blues stuff is just so easy and smooth, less is best👍
Really cool,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks Brian, I love this stuff and just like you it could be an all day affair, simple and clean and it wouldn’t bother me a bit.

2 Likes

Very, very smooth, @Tokyo_Rat . . . :+1:

All best, Joe

4 Likes

Thanks Joe tried some new things with the recording…not unhappy with the way it worked out at all but this is always my testing ground

3 Likes

We’ve managed to cobble together another song recently. It’s still not finished, as usual, as we’re getting some female vocals recorded on it too, hopefully this week in fact, time permitting. This is a more mellow and slower track than the others as we need a bit of a mix.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YBAvyg_i31eqk39nxFV7x2jqahZilIWx/view?usp=sharing

It’s hard to know when to stop tinkering with the damn things :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is our heaviest song. Our best performing one too. What you guys think? How is the bass tone? Will tell you more later about issue we had do it isn’t something you are looking for to see if it is still noticeable.

4 Likes

This is not really the kind of music I listen to a lot or am very familiar with, so perhaps I should be carefully to come with input on what tone to dial in for such a song. One thing I noticed (and it might have slightly to do with the equipment I used to listen to the song) is that the bass could be a bit more pronounced in the mix, to give the whole thing more bottom.

Did you use different tone setting throughout the song? For me, the bass sounds best, for example, around the 1:25 mark.

Anyway, hold on to that singer :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sounds really GREAT to me, @kerushlow . . . :slight_smile:
:metal: :metal: :metal:

Cheers
Joe

1 Like

Right, I’ll try and upload the song again as my link isn’t working!

Let’s try this -

5 Likes

I like it! I do think the bass could have been mixed louder.

One thing I noticed is that you have the guitars mostly sitting in the mids to lower mids and that is competing with the bass a bit; one thing I am finding is this can be tricky to mix well without it becoming muddy and requiring you to hi-pass away some of the low end because it came up too much with the bass.

1 Like

That’s cool, @quadfather! Like the vibe and the sounds, and especially the vocal arrangement! Well done!

@joergkutter ah the link works then!

Cheers, we certainly had some fun making it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does - it displays a little “funky” (squished), but that doesn’t have an effect on the music :smile:

1 Like

I like it also!

it kind of reminds me of this

3 Likes

@joergkutter yes it looks all weird on my phone screen too but as long as it plays that’s cool!

2 Likes

@gcancella haha now you come to mention it!!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I agree on the more pronounced. So this was a weird sonic space issue. The drummer is just riding on those Toms…and they occupy a frequency close to the bass. If you Bring the bass more forward, the drums got thin…but when you bring the drums up, the bass goes thin. Just a weird issue…and it never sounded that way (to us) playing it live. We also went to a pro studio with experienced sound guy.

So possibilities? We did not close mic the drums or use sampling, so that could be it. We didn’t go super compressed. Or it’s just selection and how drummer and I played together.

2 Likes