Post your original songs/compositions!

thanks Brian I liked that line and took the words off this tune I had penned and shoe horned them in…LOL I really wanted to make the bass featured because my boy had bought it for me, I’d have been years buying me something if left to my own devices

2 Likes

The sound you get from it is a great fit for the type of music your putting together @Tokyo_Rat,
Love it, sounds like it’s part of you😎
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks Brian I have to get more comfortable with the active EQ I generally just keep it passive simply because I found something I like. My friend told me to turn it on and you’ll find something that you like and it will be more. He said that he cant remember the last time he played without the preamp and EQ blazing. Is that how you feel that the active preamp and additional EQ are essential?

2 Likes

Hi @Tokyo_Rat,
I have never used any of my basses with active EQ or effects pedals, I just play them straight into the DAI and play Natural.
I love whatever your doing, the grunginess of your mix is really cool, maybe I should experiment a little :thinking:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thank you but I am plain as an old shoe…plug into the amp or directly into the recorder but this time I did use a flanger set on slow just to increase the sleeze. Dump the five tracks into bandlab (bass, drum, guitar, lead, vocal) separate them a little in the mix and adjust the volume. From start to finish it takes about 3-4 hours to play, record, sing, upload, mix, download, find a picture and post. I wish I knew what I was doing, I listen to the stuff everyone else is throwing up and I’m always stunned at how clean and professional it sounds. What I lack in polish I try to make up for with enthusiasm because I love posting this stuff up.

4 Likes

I think I speak for everyone on the forum when I say the following, @Tokyo_Rat,
Keep doing what your doing, I really enjoy what you put up on the forum.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

@Tokyo_Rat great work on the track I enjoyed the tone. Do you think your boy would talk to my boys and maybe they will start buying me cool stuff?

3 Likes

I’m all for dads being on the rcving end of cool toys tradition…if you think it would help, sure…LOL

3 Likes

7 Likes

Great vocals as always!

4 Likes

aww thank you!!! I pulled out the eb3 to give it some love and rolled right through this.

4 Likes

Very lounge-y, @Tokyo_Rat - like the “clean” guitar :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks for that I usually mic up the egnater but I decided to short cut and run line out of this little 15 watt vox I have and I was on the fence about it…just the amp a touch of delay and reverb. I kept thinking its not full enough its thin, its this, its that…LOL

3 Likes

I love the blues and that was great. I really enjoyed listening to it. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks Jerry I swear I keep wanting to branch out but I keep coming back to the blues and thats not a bad thing. I was telling this to my coworker and he asked, “what do you listen to on the way to work”…bass lessons. “when you sit down to play what do you play” I practice what was on the bass lessons. I guess I need more time to just listen to music but I keep thinking, this is great but I could be learning something. Been playing with a guitarist here which is awesome, music loves company, but now his wife has him locked down at the house so he doesn’t get covid, these are the times we live in. Hurry up and get here.

3 Likes

I’ll be there as long as the airline doesn’t cancel another flight on me.

3 Likes

getting tough to fly these days, got to have a cleared test to get here, 2 weeks ROM, clean test to get out. Minimal people flying so flights are getting canceled…they ain’t making it easy.

3 Likes

I expect a full border closure.

3 Likes

it is definitely looking rough…Mayor of Yokosuka on the loudspeaker telling people to take precautions and be careful

3 Likes

The really kind of damning thing is they waited until after oshogatsu to go back in to emergency. I am pretty sure that a bunch of the spike in cases has been from people going to bonenkai and oshogatsu gatherings, which are pretty much the poster child of the kinds of things to avoid right now. They should have gone into emergency in december when the cases started dramatically rising. They are now at 10x what they were in November and rising. Saitama’s ICUs are full already and Tokyo filling up - it’s bad.

3 Likes