Post your original songs/compositions!

Definitely has an 80’s vibe. How did you record everything? I always appreciate multi instrumentalists!

3 Likes

Look who has chops! Cool stuff. Beginning has a bit of portrait of Tracy/Victor, and then funks it! Nice playing!

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I “played” guitar in my early days when we recorded some fun stuff with my keyboard buddy and would play at least two instruments each and record on his 4-track tape machine - good times!

5 Likes

Thank you so much! you are in my mind yes it is true what you said about portrait. Big Jaco;s fan hear!

@kerushlow

Thanks- i use the free version of pro tools (pro tools first) and bring everything directly in with a focusrite Scarlett Solo box. It also has a mic input, so I would like to experiment with recording the guitar with mic/amp but have not had a chance yet.

I shoot video with a phone and edit in Adobe premiere. (Im a video editor by trade, so that part is pretty quick- but im still pretty novice at the recording/mixing process)

1 Like

Oh man! Nice!
Welcome to the forum. While I understand that the question came up I am very happy with a new experienced bass player/teacher as member in our nice bassbuzz community!

And if you don’t mind a beginner saying: to my eyes that is one of the best “economy of motion” right hand slap that I’ve seen. Minimum movement for maximum effect. Impressive.
I would not even say that Charles Berthoud is better regarding that and that says something coming from me, cause I got a man-crush for that guy :wink:
I… I would still say he’s equally good with the right hand economy of motion - just not better.

3 Likes

Well what can i say now? It is my honour basically to be here and i really want to help you all with any questions may have about this instrument from anything, really from silly to experienced level type of questions. Although i know that internet is place full of lessons and some really great channels for bassists however some of them may misleading and there is so much information that may become confusing. I am not a guru but 35 years of bass playing can be useful! thanks again for all!

8 Likes

Hello guys check our new band! Our first song is up!

5 Likes

Very nice!

All three of you sound great in there. I like how you worked the bass in with the synthesizer.

I am also jealous of your studio monitor speakers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks Howard. Actually we worked this song at the beggining with guitar but later for some reasons we didnt like it so we leave the 3 instruments there

2 Likes

This looks like would be a blast to play. Well done @Gabriel1!

3 Likes

Very nice @Gabriel1,
I enjoyed listening and seeing the clip moving around demonstrating all members👍
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Thank you so much Brian!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Ooh that’s some serious tremolo :slight_smile:

Like it!

3 Likes

the bass is the new Sire my boy bought me for Xmas…had to do something a little more sleazy for it

3 Likes

Very nice @Tokyo_Rat.

3 Likes

Great grungy dark track @Tokyo_Rat,
Really solid bass line​:+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Thank you!!! Kept trying to think of something to play as a solo, threw on the OD pedal that was close and still had the wah in the path did one pass. I deleted it put it back in, deleted it, and put it back in again and left it…LOL

2 Likes