Post your original songs/compositions!

Yeah a lot of Tom Waits vibe in general for your stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@TNKA36 @Jazzbass19 @JerryP @T_dub @howard

Thanks guys this whole song started with the bass riff, then I got a new delay pedal and then there was no escape…LOL

4 Likes

Thats because I can’t sing and neither can he…I am usually thinking Lou Reed and keep edging closer to Tom Waits I’m gonna have to start listening more to his songs so I can figure out where his influences come from. What I’ve heard I liked a lot and am now in desperate need of horns.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Was there music with this video? Too distracted by the visuals to hear anything :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

just me humming an old blues tune…LOL

4 Likes

Me reading your post. Well… some of it.

Wonder what it could be LOL

4 Likes

Very nice @Tokyo_Rat,
great bass line :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

thanks Brian…I was pretty proud of that…thanks for noticing

6 Likes

You should be, another great song and production.

6 Likes

Thank you…this is a long weekend for us…hoping to find some extra time to sit down and play…so far this week has been slammed all day every day…come on Saturday…got a ditty hung up in my ear that I want see if anything comes of it

5 Likes

This post is about my song Ich schmiede mein Schild that I posted about quite some time ago.

I stopped working on vocals. Thinking about just autotuning it with a plugin that sounds not so autotun-y.
It’s a shame. I still love my creation wholeheartedly and it seems my DnD group does too and even if some of them know people who can sing the voice I/we want and imagine is not among them.

The GM of the group is a pianist and she asked me “Hey, could you write me a music sheet for piano of the song?” and my initial response was “Sure, no problem. I just have to… wait… oh… Piano is different. I mean… I’ll manage.”
I’m the bard of the group. I should be able to do this! And I was:

Ich Schmiede mein Schild (1).pdf (46.3 KB)

Here it is. Still the same chord progression and everything.
I changed the chords in the chorus to arpeggios and sometimes added the 7th. Not sure that it mixes with vocals but just the chords were boring in this.
Well at least this motivated me to get back to the project again and somehow get the vocals done. Honestly… I listened to the recording I did back then. And even if it was take 500 it was decent. At least it was worse in my memory. Then again at that time I actually trained my voice and maybe was more critical of it.

3 Likes

I just went and listened to your song.
To me it sounds very Beatle-esque (this is a compliment, please take it as one).
Not sure what you were going for but really like it, could totally imagine it being the backbone of a White Album or other later Beatles tune.

2 Likes

Melodyne sounds quite good and not autotuney at all, until you really tweak it anyway. And is inexpensive.

2 Likes

How can sounding like the Beatles not be one?
I tried to match the style of Joint Venture but as it is a German niché band I am not surprised no one makes that connection.

Thanks. I’ll check it out.
Emvoice looked promising but is too expensive.

a new cover!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86bqoV-D3Q

6 Likes

Great job, you played it well, and its a challenging song.

3 Likes

i am not really a whitesnake fan but i think this song and this bassline is epic!!thank you!

3 Likes

Yeah, I am not a big fan either, and yes, that bass line is pretty amazing.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this! Your skill at note articulation is inspiring, very well done.

3 Likes