Post your original songs/compositions!

Beaches are small in Japan but usually worth the trip…its pretty hard to find folks not having a good time there unless you have ink, then there are a lot of beaches that you won’t be allowed to use

1 Like

Very nice piece @Tokyo_Rat ,
cool laid back bass line with some nice lead breaks,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thank you Brian, I pretty much drove the folks at work crazy playing that bass line over the last week so I thought I had better use it…LOL

2 Likes

We’ve managed to get 3 of our tracks ready for public domain now so we’re sharing them everywhere. These are just live recordings with no production but it gives an idea.

4 Likes

Love the ethereal quality of the intro and build.

4 Likes

Cheers Howard! It’s quite an emotional one for us that one. I’ve edited the link now as it was just showing the first track only.

4 Likes

Loved all 3 @quadfather ,
Great bass lines in all 3 songs, loved the dual vocalists in she comes alive, that’s probably my favourite of the 3, great work,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Cheers Brian! Thanks for the feedback.

She Comes Alive is my favourite too :slight_smile: There are 3 synths going on that intro, and I’m playing one of them just before the bass kicks in! It’s a great bass riff to play though - just got to be johnny on the spot with the timing with the drummer. Fast little bugger, that riff!

3 Likes

All I see is three Soundcloud boxes with “Oops, we couldn’t find that track.”
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about that. The female singer isn’t happy with her vocals, and the drummer doesn’t like his intro on one of the songs, so I’ve taken them off SoundCloud for now, but I can share them here sort-of-privately :slight_smile:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T3mUi_vJ5Bu0zdRJpMBJbiT30xQlak83/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TBXiMDzW9AfLPyvsK8A2GsdECgaE02vB/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TInMoC6Vse0l3ysmq7yqJc-6735DPyWo/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully, they’ll work

2 Likes

OK thanks! I’ll give a listen when I return from work.

2 Likes

I like this, kept the bassline in my pocket for while trying to decide what to do with it so I covered it tons of textured guitars and bad poetry

2 Likes

for those of us who like something more visual

4 Likes

Nice use of sampling there at the start!

Guitar a strat?

2 Likes

Tele…actually a $25 tele knock off that I put custom shop pickups in…LOL

I recorded some traffic noises from youtube and then in the mix added a tremolo effect with the time run almost to nothing to give it movement from side to side. Then a friend who happened to be working when I recorded the vocal track was the taxi driver voice. I just had to have something to present the idea “this song is about being in a bar”.

1 Like

Ahh! Sounded kind of chimey to me like a strat can. Great guitar tone. It was nice and warm, now that you mention it.

2 Likes

thank you I’ve been really wanting to do a tremolo drenched song and here we are

2 Likes

Nice job @Tokyo_Rat ,
Very smooth, loved your bass line,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks Brian…I had been hoping to use that as a slap line but the more I played with it, it ended up here…LOL

3 Likes

Another great composition! I enjoyed listening. The lyrics conjured up a very visual scene in my mind.

3 Likes