Post your original songs/compositions!

What a cool challenge and yeah those songs are great!

1 Like

Wasn’t sure if I should create a new topic for this, but figured here is appropriate.

I’ve been working on an original metal (mid-tempo 80s thrashish style) song that I prototyped in reaper with some virtual instruments and I’m looking for some helpful feedback.

The song is lacking real instrumentation, vocals and solos/leads at the moment and the drums are stock midi rhythms I found somewhere - but hoping to get some thoughts on the flow, structure and overall “catchiness” of it.

I’m not ready to publish the link publicly yet, but pm me and I’ll share a link to it on YouTube. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

You might want to explore sites like Kompoz - Music Collaboration Platform
to get others to contribute certain (missing) parts to your compositions.

Not everybody’s cup of tea perhaps… but a possibility :smile:

Thanks for the tip. I have a guitar player who’s going to learn this eventually and lay down the solos and possibly sing. Drummer we are still looking for, as well as second guitarist.

3 Likes

I’ve been a bit busy so haven’t been on the internet much recently, but thanks for the compliments everyone. :smiley:

1 Like

Bolsheviks of Madrid is collaboration with Bret Hamilton and myself.
Spork in the Road is a track from our album Shopping Mall.
The cover art is by Todd Alcott.
Bret just made this video.

2 Likes

Not mine but my son’s (bass) new band. They have been trying to get together some songs for an EP. Really trying to do original stuff. This is one of the recordings they made at their last practice. Let me know what you think. As dad, I think its great, …especially the bass part… :grinning:

3 Likes

Liked a lot about this song, the tones, just a fun song

4 Likes

That was great Larry! Awesome video as well.

1 Like

Thanks Jerry I don’t get the chance to play much anymore but had some free time last weekend and recorded this…really glad to hear someone liked it besides me…thanks a lot

1 Like

I really like the tones too.
You also did a great job on the mix…

2 Likes

thank you, surprising to me that it ended up sounding big and there is only one track for each instrument…i guess simple works

2 Likes

Testing out the new fuzz pedal my son bought me…keeper! Ran a P Bass though a line 6 pod, pretty sure this was the rotary speaker preset.

4 Likes

Used a MXR blowtorch and a funky monkey on the bass
all the guitars were a tele, roland beegee fuzz, and shark chili delay set to bubble…may not sound like much but it was a lot of fun

6 Likes

oooh very cool sound :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah, sounds excellent

3 Likes

thank you…I’ve had that for a minute but its a little different because it only adds fuzz to the midrange that you select, but I like it

3 Likes

thank you! this was a lot of fun to put together.

3 Likes

I actually like multiband or bandpass effects a lot, I make them myself pretty often in Multipass.

2 Likes

sounds like a tweakers dream

2 Likes