Post your pedal ideas

Actually I think I would prefer to have two parametric filters. Consider if you have some effects that you want to send everything too, but others that you only want to send the high end/low end to.

There’s no knobs for the filters. It’s at one fixed frequency for each filter that can be engaged or not. He talks a little about this in the notes . . .

http://diy.thcustom.com/?wpdmdl=3161

This type of circuit topology unfortunately doesn’t lend itself to adding a knob. Otherwise, very cool!

1 Like

Wow, thanks for putting this together! This is a much more thorough list than I had come up with very useful. @howard had suggested the Tyler before. That’s the one I found to be a little big and just a bit more $ than I thought this function was worth.

I’m still sifting through the options. So far, the Sugar Britches looks promising.

That Pro-cessor @terb found looks pretty good. I’m trying to figure out if I adjust the X-over frequencies if that doesn’t really need a knob. The MXR chorus only has a crossover switch and not a knob, so maybe.

2 Likes

A certain somebody is going to lose his mind, I predict

1 Like

See Josh, I said, when you demo’d this one on your YT channel that I wanted to hear you play some Gary Numan.

I did end up getting this! It totally works. I can use any guitar pedal I want and if it has low end tone suck, this puts it back. Or I can thin out the frequency range that gets the effect. It’s easily useful for distortion and chorus, maybe other things too.

Thank you for hunting it down!

7 Likes

That pedal looks cool at first glance, but will it run a loop, or is it for a single pedal.

1 Like

Yes. It has a loop send and return. You can put anything in that loop you want. I think I remember you do the same with a noise gate loop. This sends everything above the crossover knob setting to the loop. The Hi knob sets the mix level for the loop return. Everything below the crossover setting goes to the Lo mix knob. It has a phase invert switch for the loop in case a distortion pedal is inverting and causes a problem adding the lo and hi back together where they overlap.

5 Likes

That’s really cool. I’m glad you found something that does what you were looking for.

4 Likes

very interesting

Thanks,
Yeah, I saw it had the loop, but it was only displayed with one drive pedal, and I did not read anything that said it was a full fx loop,

Have you done any tests on that @DaveT?

It does state that it has plenty of headroom, so not sure if that means it can handle more effects pedals, or if it is just just talking about the input it can handle (active bass)
It is a little confusing to know for sure if you can stack a loop of pedals or not.
I assume you are correct, just wondering if you have tried it, or if it is in theory?

Each pedal drives the next pedal, so it doesn’t matter that they are in an effects loop. If they would work as a pedal chain on their own, they will work in this loop.

Yes, the headroom means an active bass or hot pedal output won’t be likely to overload it.

2 Likes

Ty for clarification.
I just don"t like to assume too much in these cases where I don’t know gor certain, and the product description foes not clearly state.
If I assume, then I think I will end up having the next sad but often laughable post for the “bone head moves that destroyed equipment.” Thread (not sure exact title, but what i said should be enough to know whst i am referring to.

So, if not assuming, and asking questions where tga answer may really be obvious yo make sure, then, yeah, I will ask it

Thanks for answering.

Edit: the thread is “Expensive Mistakes.”
Sorry not trying to call others out as bone heads, but when I make posts in the thread, i am certainly calling myself a huge bonehead

4 Likes

Completely understand.

3 Likes

I definitely started that thread because I was a bonehead :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seen this one on a gear list posted by God is an Astronaut :heart_eyes:

Not too tempted though, as I am happy with my Fur Coat despite it doubling up as a radio receiver :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Really excellent background post-rock :slight_smile:

1 Like

And even better if you spend your time actively listening :black_heart:

2 Likes

Yeah they are super good. I like this mix:

So good.

1 Like

I’d use that one as background music for my work, but I might end up forgetting to do what I’m supposed to :joy:

1 Like