Post your pedal ideas

The best pedal addition for me is the Darkglass hyper-luminal compressor! The thing is a madman. It has three different types compression that can really focus your tone and help cut through the mix. My drummer is not much for effects, but that one is definitely approved by the band. Check it out.

3 Likes

Yeah those look awesome. Been meaning to check it out. Glad to hear you like it.

1 Like

the question is : “is a compressor really an effect” ? like a volume pedal for example, or a clean boost, to me it’s hard to consider it really modifies the tone.

it’s like, if you use some polishing compound on your car, it won’t change the color at all, it will just make the whole thing more shiny :grin:

3 Likes

Didn’t know the best place to post this, could be here, could be on the whats the deal with effects thread, could be on any number, and it does not warrant it’s own thread, so guess here it will be.

This looks like an interesting “UNDER $100” Compression pedal
I have been happy with the NU>X Looper pedal I got, it is very well built and does what it is supposed to, which is what the Boss RC-3 does, only the NU>X has more capacity for looping and more drum trax I think.
Others have reported positive reviews on other NU>X products, from @PamPurrs 's Foot switch and some of the others who got the headphone amp, and now my looper, which is the same series as this pedal.

The NU>X Komp Core deluxe - $79 on amazon

If it were Amazon Prime, I would actually purchase it with credit and test it out, but since it is only available thru 3rd party, the returns are not the easy does it Amazon prime free returns that we know and love.

I mean, it is possibly a Dyna Comp clone, or some thing to the tune of the Boss LMB-2, but it has the 3 clipping functions, this could be useful, and make one of those two pedals more useful.

Anybody out there want to give a nicely priced compressor a try out???

1 Like

Based on my experience with the NUX dual footswitch, and @T_dub review of the looper pedal, I am definitely a believer in their product line.
Check out all the cool stuff NUX has in the store.

1 Like

Never wanted a delay, not sure I even liked them. But damn this is cool

https://youtu.be/Kxge-COM7C0l

3 Likes

I was the same way but I find myself using my delay+reverb modes on my reverb a lot. Sounds awesome.

very cool pedal

1 Like

Yeah, I feel the same way, guess I better watch the video then :wink:

1 Like

I was surprised how awesome and spacey/ethereal sounding you can get with delay+reverb. I didn’t expect it until getting kind of hooked on it for a certain kind of sound.

Another note for delay - when looking at a high end delay, one feature I would want is MIDI (or some kind of timesync, but preferably MIDI) in. It’s a rare case where MIDI in on a pedal is useful - you can use it to automatically sync the delay pulses to an external time source, like your DAW or drum machine, so the delays fall on the beats (or syncopated as you wish).

Like, this one looks incredible:

1 Like

Ok this thing is cute.

Inline tube preamp, a little box with a 12AX7 in it. No controls other than basically dialing in presence and overdriving it a bit. Dead simple, you more or less just set how tubey you want it, and how much it drives, and mix it in to the dry signal.

3 Likes

i was wondering if this existed. in the world of high end stereo there are a million versions of this, little line stage boxes with a single tube in it to give you some tube warmth.

2 Likes

Yeah in retrospect it’s an obvious idea and I was separately kind of thinking of just making one because a simple little tube thru preamp looks super easy to make (and there’s several kits out there.)

This one seems a really nice little balance. Lots of tone demos here:

http://www.bass-pedals.com/eden-glowplug-bass-tube-warmer-review/

It’s not too expensive either. I mean, not Gokko levels of cheap, but less than $100.

Aww yeah. Check out this guy’s demo.

Cute little thing.

3 Likes

used to be a thing to build your own tube amp, dynaco was the most popular one.

3 Likes

there’s a guy out there, will vincent that does amazing works of art with dynaco’s. google him.

dyn

3 Likes

Another contender: EHX optical compessor with a two-tube circuit that adds color:

Sounds awesome.

Two 12AX7s. Discontinued, good luck finding one for less than $250.

1 Like

Is that pedal modded?

1 Like

Doubt it. Blackfinger looks like the same tube layout as the original EHX Hot Tubes overdrive.

1 Like

https://guitarunited.com/ehx-black-finger-review/

1 Like