Post your pedal ideas

Oh, I thought it might be modded since you said you can’t get them for under $250
They are not super cheap, but there are plenty on Reverb for around $150.
Not saying you were wrong, I was just thinking the extra cost might be from a MOD

1 Like

I meant new. They have new ones here for about $250-$350. Used obviously they can be any price.

1 Like

Sounds awesome. Nice compressor, great tone.

1 Like

I didn’t know they still made them, you can’t buy new here that I know of.

Omnvilabs has mixed feeings about them. supposed to be very noisy unless feed a strong clean signal

1 Like

They don’t still make them. Some places still have them in stock.

Looks like one sold used here last summer for $130 or so. And one for about $80 before that. Interesting pedal.

1 Like

Yeah, the article linked above addresses that.

1 Like

It also very critically has the crossover control built-in again. This solves that whole problem I’m having with trying out tube gear without it. Even pedals that claim a bass mod aren’t really turning out so well. I’m sticking to the concept that pedals need to have the crossover and dry signal mix to play well with bass.

2 Likes

I tried this one and it’s a complete no-go. Total loss of low end regardless of the name.

3 Likes

Crossover really makes a difference on the pedals I have with it. Which I guess is most of my pedals :slight_smile:

Looking at the prices I am pretty sure the two Glowplugs I have found under $100 are used, despite being listed as new. Hard to say. New isn’t a lot more than that though.

2 Likes

Ooh good to know, thanks!

1 Like

I also tried this one. It’s actually full range and doesn’t tone suck the bass, but the tone stack is from Fender Blackface and includes the 700Hz notch with the EQ set at noon. With some goofy knob settings, in the pucture, you can make it flat. The tones are terrific, but again it doesn’t have crossover and dry blend controls and it’s super pricey. I’d go for the glowplug over this too.

3 Likes

Wow those settings are crazy.

2 Likes

This little simulator shows what the tone controls of classic guitar amps do. Again, not specifically designed bass products. This shows why the extreme knob settings.

http://www.duncanamps.com/tsc/

3 Likes

Wow - neat little app!

2 Likes

while i wait and wait for gregor’s favorite pedal, the jive mini to arrive from germany, i just saw this video. man this sounds good!

4 Likes

Ok I see what you mean about that notch. That’s one hell of a mid scoop, like more than 14db.

1 Like

That particular bass (the Sandberg TT4 Masterpiece) is just absolutely amazing… they have used it in a number of their videos.

Here is Gregor going on about it… (starts at 5’15) :grin:

2 Likes

It’s one of my favorites as well. I had picked it out of the comparison video as one of my favorites. They also play a G&L in here @PamPurrs.

2 Likes

Super diverse basses! I keep being impressed by these Cort basses…

2 Likes

Found some old recordings I did after I bought my Boss RV-3.

Man, they should just go back to making this one. Sounds much better than the current RV-6 IMO. The modes are more versatile too. 20+ years old and getting hard to find now, though.

So clean and cold. Love that. They warmed it up a lot in the RV-6, meh.

without any delay:

moar effects! Microtubes X and my OC-2 clone IIRC, with a lighter reverb on the RV-3.

2 Likes