Post your Ride/s

They do keep me out of trouble lol
They will sleep both standing and laid down. In the heard situation one usually remains “on guard” while the others sleep which is pretty remarkable when you think how long most horses have been domesticated. Having said that 5 of ours are actually brumbies, Australian wild horses.
As for their feet ours aren’t shod. They are all barefoot. I do a bit of trimming but struggle a bit now so we have a farrier visit now and again @Jazzbass19

6 Likes

Hey those are some fine looking horses you got there! :slightly_smiling_face: It would be great to keep some but yeah it’s the time, money, resources and yeah the organisation which I’m really bad at. Do you get much riding time?

3 Likes

Not much at all @Ed unfortunately.
My wife is very involved in the Brumby scene over here. Basically trying to keep the wild horses exactly that …. Wild. Unfortunately as they were introduced by the first British settlers the present government sees them as an introduced pest . So they are undertaking a massive cull shooting them not only from the ground but also from helicopters and leaving the dead and wounded where they drop. This is not only inhumane but also has resulted in an increase in wild dog and pig numbers which is in turn causing issues in the high country for farmers.
She helps rehome trapped horses hence the 5 we have here.
I have a Clydesdale cross that we ride as well as 2 ex racehorses ( Cranky Frankie and Stormy Nights) which were also rescued from the kill pens which is also where the other horses in the herd are from

6 Likes

Yeah I don’t know if the government thinks they may transmit diseases to livestock. Even so they need to find better ways to manage the numbers…

That’s so cool you have a Clydesdale! I guess you need a ladder to get up?

4 Likes

It’s not a disease thing but apparently the government believe that the horses are responsible for environmental damage. A ridiculous statement when we have suffered massive bush fires regularly and there are an estimated 300 deer for every horse. And pig numbers are off the scale.
I’ve had to get a mounting block for the Clydie lol. And I can’t get off once we’re out unless there’s a handy fence or tree stump nearby

5 Likes

this is a little folding bike that I keep in my car, very fun for short rides :

and this is the last bike I bought (used) to replace my 80’s Peugeot because I broke the frame a few months ago. This is a 2005 Scott Speedster S4, it’s my main bike currently :

15 Likes

Man, that part of France is very pretty.

4 Likes

Love your photos except for all those pesky bikes that are blocking the scenery. :grin:

7 Likes

Beautiful countryside @terb .

3 Likes

Beautiful @terb, you live near Carcassone?

2 Likes

not at all @Paul, I live here :

10 Likes

I think I saw you and your little fun bike at the Col de Beixalis yesterday, no!?! :wink:

11 Likes

Looks like he’s in the middle of the pack, Jörg @joergkutter . . . :thinking:

Good luck, @terb ! . . . :wink:

5 Likes

Man what a beautiful pic @Jazzbass19 ! I have only seen the Alps from an airplane but hope to see them in person from the ground one day. During the Tour de France would be even better.

PS - Thought I responded to this chat a long while ago, but I don’t see where I did, so here are my rides.

Human Powered Two Wheeler - I am on the recumbent; it is a “Tour Easy” (taken during a two day (~150 mile) charity ride for Multiple Sclerosis). PS - Like @John_E, I had a Cannondale (BadBoy was my model) and regret selling it.

Motorized Two Wheeler - 2013 HD Ultra Limited (Upstate NY and The Adirondacks in the back ground).

Motorized Four Wheeler of choice - 2019 F-350 (Every Texan has a truck right? Although this pic was taken in NW PA after I had the grill guard put on. LoL)

Backup Motorized Four Wheeler, i.e. the wife’s car! - 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (taken a few months ago after I installed LED lighting).

10 Likes

All those rides look pretty good to me, @JDDaniel . . . :+1:

Hard to decide which one is my favorite! . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

I’ll take the JEEP :laughing:

Nice rides @JDDaniel

4 Likes

Giving my ride an oil change…

22 Likes

@PamPurrs

8 Likes

My Specialized Levo SL on one of my local mountain bike trails. I could never live in a city.

7 Likes

Jeep, Jeep, Jeep.

3 Likes