Practice THIS Daily (10 Mins)

Wanna get better at bass in just 10 minutes a day? This stupidly simple exercise will level up your speed, technique, and walking bass.

Free PDF with workout routine + advanced exercise: https://www.bassbuzz.com/go/practice-this

If you’re doing the Beginner to Badass course, try this lesson after Module 6 or so. We don’t tackle flying fingers as directly in the B2B course, so this isn’t essential, BUT if flying fingers have been bugging you this would be good to tack on as bonus practice.

Have you found this exercise helpful?

30 Likes

@JoshFossgreen the forum beat you to it and already created a thread for this:
https://forum.bassbuzz.com/t/practice-this-daily-new-bassbuzz-vid/43353?u=mike_nl

1 Like

we should merge the threads @moderators

2 Likes

really useful. nicely done, el capitan

1 Like

Outstanding video @JoshFossgreen . See, there can be life after B2B…

1 Like

One does not simply tease us with random quality lessons…

1 Like

Is that the same @Justyn that is one of our community leaders?

1 Like

I assumed as much.

1 Like

is @JoshFossgreen posting steathy now? just caught a new vid!

7 Likes

I want to see Gandalf play bass :smiley:

4 Likes

Now that I think about it, Leland sort of looks like Gandalf…

5 Likes

he usually posts it here is what i meant.

2 Likes

This video has everything. Bass playing, violence, Gandalf, just everything

And the exercise is perfect for adjusting to fretless, even though one finger per fret is not a reality to me

6 Likes

Who else has been practicing this? I thought I had my pinkie under control… but then I started this :upside_down_face: whoops!

Really though, great exercise!

6 Likes

I have! I agree it is a great exercise, and a nice hand warm-up too.

4 Likes

Love this exercise! It totally enforces the use of simandl (micro-shifting) for me in places. My hands just can’t make the jump the the 6th fret without sliding a bit. Right now I think my top speed is about 165 bpm with this exercise.

6 Likes

Yep, I did set up a post but got the timezone wrong I think. :stuck_out_tongue: (traveling in the UK and not sure how Discourse converted my input)

6 Likes

This is a great exercise. It’s become a standard part of my warm-up and practice routine.

2 Likes

At first glance I thought this exercise looks similar to the one my other bass teacher once gave me, which I really enjoy, never fully mastered, but still highly recommend. (#1 of this: Hadrien Feraud Bass Guitar Lesson - Warm Up Exercise. How Fast Can You Play It? | ELIXIR Strings - YouTube).
But, aha, it is not. Still wrapping my head around the walk downs, this is great and a lot of fun to play!

3 Likes

Found this already on YouTube. Great idea!

2 Likes