Project Basses

Yeah… maybe I should go back to accordion. Or didgeridoo. Hard to go wrong with a tube, LOL.

I guess… some people are crafty, and some people write software, and I’m not the former, for sure. :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s a stone fact.

4 Likes

On the flip side, my new-to-me Ibanez doesn’t seem to have any problems. Not even shielding or grounding related hum. So, yay for that.

6 Likes

@JustTim I’m on vacation the first part of June. We gotta grab tacos and I can try and help.

4 Likes

So many products are built to be idiot proof. But the world has this way of producing ever more ingenious idiots :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

My programming teacher used to say you can’t make anything fool proof because you can’t out think a fool

8 Likes

Yep. Never argue with idiots. First, they’ll drag you down to their level, amd then beat you with their experience.

8 Likes

That’s from Mark Twain

9 Likes

My Grandmother used to say never argue with a fool because no one watching can tell who is who.

6 Likes

My Mom always says that to appear an idiot in the eyes of a cretin is a delight for the true connoisseur. I believe it’s from Georges Courtelline.

5 Likes

When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid. - Ricky Gervais

6 Likes

I’m getting this engraved on a plaque for work.

5 Likes

I knew a guy in the military @John_E called Dave Preston.

But his nickname was Wedge Preston. I asked his boss ‘Why is he called Wedge?’

“Ah, that’s because the wedge is the simplest tool known to mankind”

7 Likes

I have a buddy who says “As quick as a herd of charging anvils.”

5 Likes

My favourite nickname was given to a guy when we were on an operational tour.

Things got a little bit interesting at an LZ, some people fired at us, we fired back etc. Good times all round.

This one individual did not do well when the chips were down and hid behind a low wall in the fetal position, leaving the rest of us to deal with the situation.

We get back and for the rest of the tour he was known as ‘deck chair’; because he folded under a little bit of pressure.

6 Likes

We had a mate we called “Yabby”
All arms and legs and a head full of shit

3 Likes

Hmmmm… this one is not parsing in the international translator. :wink:

2 Likes

Yabby- like a freshwater prawn, er crawdad? is that the yankee word?
We also pump them from sandbanks for bait

6 Likes

Aha! now it makes sense. :smile:
They’re crayfish over this side of the pond.

3 Likes

and UK rivers are crawling with invasive american Signal crayfish right now!

2 Likes