Project Basses

sounds like there is a strange phase thing, is it made on purpose ?

5 Likes

I just plugged into my daughter’s little home studio and selected the Blackface amp model in Podfarm, I don’t think there were any effects active. I do hear some distortion creeping in with the tone down though.

3 Likes

I already had this kind of phase issue with POD Farm, not sure what it is exactly

3 Likes

It almost sounds like it is mixing the dry signal with the amp sim output with a phase delay.

Which means it sounds awesome and I would change nothing :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Making progress on the next monstrosities…

And now if I’m ever asked in an interview “Have you ever installed a 19th century ice skate on a guitar?”, I’ll be able to answer with an unequivocal yes.

11 Likes

Nice Work @Korrigan,
Very cool.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Amazing.
You’d think this would come up more often in luthier interviews…

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Just love your art, and to be a working piece as well brilliant
Jamie

3 Likes

Well if I were ever going to hire an assistant, that would the third question I’d ask. The first two being “What the #$%^ are you doing here?!?!” and then “Did the government send you?”.

4 Likes

Another super-short scale bass done… and a guitar too. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Great job @Korrigan,
They look awesome.:+1:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Now that’s a pickguard.

9 Likes

Congratulations on the twins lol
Great work as always @Korrigan

7 Likes

Love your new oic Mac, Geezer in the younger years, nice👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36

4 Likes

@Korrigan those look really great, so unique as always.
Jamie

5 Likes

Those are amazing.
I really like your headstock, and the fretboard and inlays, they look great.

4 Likes

Love those block inlays! Rad work all 'round.

4 Likes

On the left, 4 string mikro bass. Obtainable in Australia.
On the right, 5 string mikro bass. Unobtainable in Australia.
Absolutely forbidden by distributor and US vendors.
Must be smuggled in disguised as fully automatic weapons,
wrapped in layers of cocaine and
padded with rhino horn.

Expecting SWAT to burst into the house now that photographic evidence of it has been posted.

Unfortunately, it did get damaged in transit.
The strap button on the bottom got pushed into the body.
This is also the exact location that will be cut out during the headless conversion…

The Nova Headless bridge arrived the same day. Same as the other conversion, but with single mounting plates to account for the 16.5mm spacings.

The Fishman Fluence 5 String set just got ordered from the UK and will be here… at some point. Handily, the pickups are the same depth as the standard Jazz ones in there, so a visit to a friendly milling machine will soon sort out any of those minor differences in size issues.

Then the real fun begins with the calculation of the mount plate for the new bridge and making the headpiece, which will secure the strings by just wrapping them around hex bolts and squashing them down. It will be pretty brutal, but makes earthing all the strings easy through just one bridge mount.

8 Likes