Project Basses

Thank you @Korrigan! Should I cover the metal parts? I see it’s safe for metal also

3 Likes

I’d remove the plastic covers from the pickups before clear coating if it’s possible. But if it looks like you would damage the pickup by removing the covers then just spray the whole thing.

I should have also mentioned that if you ever plan on clear coating the covers then DO NOT use Armor All or any silicone based product. Paints (and clear coats) do not stick to silicone and once silicone is applied to parts it is nearly impossible to completely remove, except with acids… which may dissolve plastics.

5 Likes

that sounds fun :sweat_smile:

The problem with my pickups is that they’re sealed. I’m not really comfortable opening that up

More and more I think of replacing them altogether

5 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t try to open those. Personally I like the aged road-worn look they have right now… in fact I’d be relic’ing the rest of the hardware to match… lol.

5 Likes

You can polish the covers with metal polish designed for brass, in Scotland we have Brasso and Duraglit. @gcancella
Jamie

5 Likes

Phase one: Purchase Ibanez GSRM25 Mikrobass: Complete.
Phase two: Get Mikrobass to Florida - In progress.

Planning revisions: Dual Humbuckers, Dual Fishman Fluence Soapbars or Dual Aguilar 5sd-D2’s with OBP3 eq?
Financial considerations: Will I be sorry that I spent this much?

I guess there’s only one way to find out…

6 Likes

I finally have a video of the ABBA star guitar in action, thankfully it’s not Waterloo :rofl:
https://youtu.be/ALqAxvwJ1QA

Jamie

5 Likes

@eric.kiser well this is where I’m at, I think that the green is the right choice? I might bring out my camera and get a better shot as there is some nice green in the Wych Elm.
Jamie

8 Likes

Hi Jamie,
Are you sure you have enough back up amps there​:rofl: :joy:.
I like the green colour, it looks awesome.:+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

+1 for the green @Jamietashi

3 Likes

That wood is beautiful and those curves… nice curves. :smiley:

Are those guitars in the background your work also?

2 Likes

Some people start with a plan and then follow through with that plan until completion. I prefer to play “Luthier Legos” until I find something that tickles my fancy. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice! Random question - is that Custom 10 a truck logo?

5 Likes

Yes sir! :smiley:

5 Likes

Ha! Awesome :slight_smile:

4 Likes

OK, I hope this is the right thread for this problem. I picked up a used Traveler Bass the other day and I knew when I bought it that it had an Apple sticker on the body. The sales person I talked to said “Oh, it’s just a sticker and it should come right off.”

After taking the sticker off, I found that it was covering a chip in the plastic(?) veneer.

Does anyone know how I can fix this or do I need to get a cooler sticker to cover it up with?

2 Likes

Here’s a link which might be helpful to you:

If not, it may lead you to other similar videos.

HTH and all best, Joe

8 Likes

Thanks Joe!

5 Likes

Hi Joe,
Loved the video👍
The background guitar and bass line were simple ,subtle and really cool👍
The guy doing the video was pretty cool also.
Very informative.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Here’s a little sound sample I made of Trillian, the 25.5"scale bass with the MGB quad rail.

7 Likes