Project Basses

Looking good @MC-Canadastan ,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

No, not over, WITH one.

IDK, it is totally different, the Jaguar places the MM pick up in the P pick up spot, and I don’t know how that sounds, but I am guessing you get something different then just the Ray4.

Also, that Jaguar color is pretty awesome, something you don’t get on a Ray4.

But, to be completely honest, I would still pick a Ray4 over that, if I could only get one.
And I would still probably pick ANOTHER Ray4 over that (if I was getting one today) because I still have alot of pickups I want to play with on a Ray4.

But I could see getting one of those one day, to play around with.

4 Likes

HaHa, you beat, and ordered it before I could even answer, LOL
Course, you got the part of the answer you were looking for.
Oh well, I was offline yesterday, Had a wisdom tooth (what was left of it) extracted, and slept the headache and jaw ache away all night long.

3 Likes

So does a Ray4, but if you are a Jag fan already, may as well stick with it. The color is great.

4 Likes

I feel your pain brother, had a tooth extracted a few months ago (and one a few years ago). Yesterday got the implants and another month or so for part 2. Tooth pain aint funnin at all.

4 Likes

The new J-bass

11 Likes

9 Likes

Nice, you don’t see a lot of dark stained bass necks (at least at my house). Either light or paint.
I like that it is unique

3 Likes

That’s something I thought about but with that green/copper color, the dark cherry stain works.

4 Likes

Yeah, that looks great!

I think it looks fantastic.

50/50 at my place :slight_smile:

They are a lot less common though. Cool when people pull them off well. I liked the SR2400’s neck for this too. It’s unusual.

7 Likes

From what I can tell, it’s very unusual for a J-Bass to be that dark. I have to lacquer it next but the stain is taking a long time to dry thanks to Illinois humidity.

4 Likes

yeah it’s going to be a very cool, unique looking bass.

4 Likes

Don’t mean to rain on your parade, but to record yourself into a computer, you’ll need a Digital Audio Interface (DAI). Your BDI21 is a DI, not a DAI.

3 Likes

Ah okay @Mike_NL . Thanks for the heads up. I’ve read the recording threads in here and still can’t seem to get the gist of it.
I’m really only using the Behringer for a preamp but I did think I could use it for recording purposes :flushed:
Back to reading the threads lol

2 Likes

Just ordered a pack of pick guard blanks so I’m hoping I’ll be able to make one for the V bass, a replacement for the Devil bass as Schecter never returned my email enquires and possibly one for the P bass build.

2 Likes

Yeah, I like the 5 pc necks and have seen really good looking ones with Bubinga or Koa with Purple Heart.
I really like Purple Heart for the thin 2 pieces, I think it would even go with Maple or roasted maple too

3 Likes

Yeah I think those actually are Bubinga and Purple Heart. Nice combo.

2 Likes

Yeah, really good looking.

My X Father-in-law was a custom woodworker, lots of remodels in the area.
He did the original Koran drummers house in Huntington Beach. The one that had physical ailments and couldn’t continue being a drummer.

But he used to make things for the house, tables, floating mantles, humidors, you name it.
He used Purple Heart years ago in stuff he made us, sparingly, and I always liked light, natural wood, so most everything he made for us was maple with Purple Heart inlays (like table top), clear coated, so I have always liked Maple / Purple Heart.

6 Likes

Looks fantabulous. Would you be able to post a close-up of the headstock? I’m curious as to the shape.

4 Likes

The headstock was a “design your own” so I did. The key was to make sure I had room to fasten the tuner pegs

6 Likes