Purchase explanations/excuses for your partner

Here’s a new one … well the Hipshot tuner was $160 so I bought a $100 bass and saved us $60 :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Make that $260 plus post :scream:

4 Likes

Those damned hidden costs

4 Likes

In the interests of fairness and full disclosure, although I have contributed to the excuses to give a partner on this thread, I have to be honest and say my partner is nothing but supportive of me taking up bass.
I have spent money, commandeered rooms in the house for kit/practice area, used up Saturdays with her were she has come with me to visit guitar stores, watched a million YouTube review videos when I should be walking the dogs, and not practiced with headphones…
Not once has she complained, and at our latest visit to a guitar store, when she saw how much I liked the bass I was trying, she was all for getting it.
Over many years I have returned the favour with her horse passion, and that’s how it should be - support each other and remember you can’t take the money with you when you’re gone.

11 Likes

I’m in the same boat @Mark_UK. I’ve even ended up with a horse myself lol :joy:. He’s become a real Zen thing for me along with my bass playing as I’m using them as a rehab tool after my accident ( well I begrudge calling it that)

7 Likes

Hi @Mac, glad you have both the horse and the bass to Zen out to.
When I first met my wife, she taught me to ride (she’s an excellent tutor), but it was more a case of if you want to date me, you need to keep up with me on a horse! I even did some jumping on a very trustworthy ‘old timer’ horse who was happy to make me look good, but really it was the horse taking me over the jumps!
I’m not fit enough to ride now, but they are good memories.

4 Likes

I used to ride too and m hoping to get my fitness back one day to get back on. I mostly spend my time with Charlie ( the horse) brushing him and telling him my troubles lol

3 Likes

@Mark_UK you and I are fortunate in the fact that we have spouses that support us. Sara knows how prudent I am with our finances, and trusts that I won’t spend money on gear and fail to pay our mortgage payment as a result.

I still love playing around with the funny excuses though :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

Me too! We still tease each other, but it’s done in fun. And (at least on current tally) I have the cheaper hobby so far, so tend to win any verbal sparring games :grin:
I agree you and I are fortunate :+1:

4 Likes

PS along with the Rumble 100 that’s just got delivered, along came a Fender Jazz too.
So if my wife asks, that was a free offer Fender were running ok?

7 Likes

Of course. Everyone should get a free Fender jazz bass when they buy a Rumble 100 :wink:

3 Likes

Oh !!! Let’s see a pic then :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh… Got a new one:
Free delivery with a 25€ purchase.

Well I had to buy something that costs 12€.
So I had to fill it up with cables because otherwise I would loose 2,99 on delivery cost!

Still missing about 3€ right now and having trouble finding even a cable that’s not overkill. I would need another XLR cable but those aren’t 3€.

2 Likes

Here you go, still with tags and plastic on. I’ve broken 2 rules, one not to buy more kit (but hey who keeps that rule on here?), and not to buy a black bass and stick to adventurous colours, but this is what they had in stock at the shop.

7 Likes

Mark, where is the bass made?

2 Likes

Hi @JerryP it’s one of their range made in Mexico. I don’t have anything to directly compare it to, but the quality seems good to me.

6 Likes

You can’t go wrong, since you got it free with your Rumble 100 :wink:

7 Likes

It’s amazing the freebies they throw into a deal @Mark_UK :wink: Very nice indeed

3 Likes

I know, Fender must be such a kind and caring company!

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes