Purchase explanations/excuses for your partner

We did this with our dog. We developed a nickname for her very early and never use her “real” name now. She doesn’t even recognize it any more.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will be able to sleep tonight. Joshua wasn’t a popular name when I was born, then exploded in the 80’s. I used to be so self conscious about it, and asked my mom if I could change it when I was 5 years old :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Closer to the topic of this thread, though - I had actually asked for the Ibanez miKro bass for a couple of Christmases running, and guess I was not taken seriously, probably since I have no real history of playing an instrument. So, I finally just ordered one myself, and let it “surprise” my husband. I ordered the gig bag at the same time, but it came first, and the miKro was back-ordered. Luckily the gig bag was easy to hide until the bass arrived three months later. He didn’t object, so all was well. Next step was ordering the B2B course.

The above is a less expensive version of when I bought a pricey Mac Pro desktop twelve years ago (still going as I type this), and a large non-Apple monitor to go with it, and then a few years later I bought a Nikon DSLR camera which was not cheap either. I did get the “hairy eyeball” for those purchases, but hey I’m neither a clothes horse nor do I spend much money on other things for me, so why not? Especially when I read about all the serial GAS purchases on this forum! :smile: I plan on “rewarding” myself with a bass amp when I have completed B2B again, although heaven knows
a) when that will be, and
b) where I’ll have room to put it.
I’m thinking of the Ampeg RB-112, new or used, but that may change. At that point, I will probably need an excuse for that purchase, but I’ve already informed him that my son’s Fender Princeton 65 guitar amp (which that son almost never uses) is NOT suitable for bass. So the stage is set!

3 Likes

Thank you for getting the thread back on the rails :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Same here, I’m very fortunate I don’t have that issue.

As a matter of fact, I have to be careful what I say around her because most of the time, if I mention I want something, she’ll order it that same day.

But if I had to, and since she loves to color coordinate clothing, shoes, and jewelry, I would say something along the lines of “But honey, I need to color coordinate the bass with my shirt!”.

6 Likes

You, sir, are known as what is called a “lucky duck!”

5 Likes

LOL, yea t’ill the credit card statement comes in! :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m in this club. I buy whatever I want and so does she. No feathers ruffled either way.

We have different credit cards, and each of us is responsible for paying them off.

7 Likes