Rack build [finished]

Do anyone here already built a rack ? I will need one for my Bass POD Pro, because as I’ll have to move soon, I want it to be a bit protected … searching for some ideas and inspiration !

now I’m more in a pure utility build, not necessarily a neat thing ; it’s just a protective box for the preamp :grin:

2 Likes

Are you talking about a DIY project? I know you can get 2U or 3U rails for under $5 online.

3 Likes

yeah I want to do it with what I have (a ton of spare wood) , I won’t use real rack rails but simple wood pieces with wood screws I think :grin: but yeah pure DIY thing. the main goal is to protect the mighty vintage Bass POD pro during the moving process …

2 Likes

so, I started today to build a 4U rack. as I’m quarantined I can’t go buy anything, so I have to work with what I already have. that’s a funny challenge.

2 Likes

Pictures?!

1 Like

oh I don’t have much too show for now but I’ll show where I am tomorrow when there’ll be some light !

1 Like

Yeah pictures terb

1 Like

I saw you edit that.
I thought you’d been drinking for a moment there . . . :joy:

1 Like

not at all, just a grammar error :joy:

No Pastis?

just coffee tonight :innocent:

1 Like

this is an unfinished side panel (inner face shown). as you can see, I have to glue several parts together to archieve the right size. again I have to work with what I have here, mostly scrap plywood !

3 Likes

top and bottom panels :

4 Likes

side panels cut to size :

and after some sanding, begining to glue everything together ASAP (as square as possible) :

3 Likes

glueing (?) the top panel :

it starts to look pretty much like a 4U rack :grin:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Nice! :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

That’s awesome.

2 Likes

Very nice job, @terb . . . :+1:

2 Likes

adding some wooden dowels in the corners. not sure it’s really necessary but, well, the more solid the better …

I could have drilled a few millimeters deeper, but that’s not critical at all.

4 Likes