Resurrection of the Zoom meetings

@JerryP and I were talking about how much we miss the Zoom meetings we used to have. It’s been a few months since we had one, and I think it’s time we have some more. They were always fun, and it’s such a joy to meet everyone face to face (albeit virtually).
With that said, I’m going to be the one to start them up again. I plan to set up a Zoom meeting on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday around 1300 - 1400 here in Arizona (2000 - 2100 UTC).
Who’s game?
If you are, which time works best for you, 2000 UTC or 2100 UTC?

7 Likes

I’m in and either time works for me.

1 Like

@PamPurrs
Never even occurred to me , Brilliant

I’m in Colorado and Thursday or Friday daytime works for me. Would prefer the 2pm time slot but willing to work with whatever the group decides.

So Game,
Cheers

3 Likes

I’m in Pam, @PamPurrs, let me know what time and I will work around it.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I’d love to join, but work… and finally some real snow are keeping me pretty busy at the ski shop. Please keep us updated on the details, and I’ll join if I can.

3 Likes

Where in Colorado? I’m down in Gunni.

5 Likes

I have great memories of Gunnison from back in my avid skiing days. Crested Butte was among my favorite ski destinations, especially during the few years I lived in the Springs and we could do day trips there.

3 Likes

I’m in. Prefer Monday or Wednesday. Thanks for arranging!

4 Likes

Duly noted!

3 Likes

@Moose_Hofer, Down in the big city of GJ

Which ski shop and how long have you called Gunni Home??

Moved to GJ in 2001,
Cheers

4 Likes

Can probably do Wednesday this week. My shift is a rotating schedule 5 on 2 off, then 5 on 3 off.

…What’s Zoom? Is that like Skype?

It’d be kinda cool to do a thing where someone starts a bassline, then another player takes over and so on. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Zoom is similar to, but better than Skype IMO.

We mainly just chat about whatever comes to mind. It’s amazing how much stuff we can get accomplished by just yacking. Mainly its a great way to get to know one another by face.

7 Likes

Sure what the hell. If your PC’s crash because my face overloaded its ugly capacitors, that’s on you. :smiley:

4 Likes

@travis.thepadre.reed
Cool to hear there’s some more folks on the Western Slope. I’m at the Alpineer in CB a few days a week. Been around the Gunnison valley since ‘97.

4 Likes

It’s some of the best lift serviced terrain in the world. I made my first trip to CB in 1991… that was the first year of free skiing. I lived in my pickup for a few days/daze in the parking lot!

The resort is now owned by Vail, and the times are a changing.

4 Likes

@Moose_Hofer,
In that case, we know the same crowd for sure

Lived in CB 2009/10 while attending Mt Heart and washed dishes for meals at Izzy’s

Rented a place about a stones throw from the fire department up on the mountain

During that time, me & my dog, dawn patrol hikes up the Mountain ( Painter Boy Run Area ) and back down almost every morning before class

If time allowed, climb up Bushwacker and come down Roller, when feeling adventurous that is

Summer time we summited a few times, full moon hike with friends, and I pretended to MTB with groups a few times near Cement Creek and above Taylor Res

But everyday the Boy Dog was treated to a romp on Snodgrass because of the convince of it

Looking forward to crossing paths with you soon,
Cheers

3 Likes

I have Physical Therapy appointments on Wednesdays and Fridays at 3:30 PST or PDT, whatever we are these days.

Mondays would be best for me for the next 6-8 weeks due to Physical therapy pretty much thru March.

Tuesdays and Thursdays usually work ok for me too.

3 Likes

I’m going to schedule a Zoom meeting for Monday Feb 15 at 2100 UTC. Raise your hand if you can make it.

5 Likes

I hope you can make it Toby @T_dub . It’s been a long time since I’ve seen your handsome face on my monitor :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

I’ll be there.

3 Likes