Resurrection of the Zoom meetings

Maybe a thought for future such Zooms … How about the moderator each time pre-nominates a “question for the day”? e.g. What bass pedals do you use, and which ones would you recommend (or not!) and why? … That would perhaps serve as a good icebreaker, as well as being educational for all of us.

4 Likes

I did that on my last Zoom meeting several months ago. I made the topic about how we learn and quickly identify key signatures. Some of us shared our methods and then it evolved into an hour and a half of general discussion.
I find that it’s not hard to get the discussion going when you have this many people, all with a common passion.

2 Likes

One of you had asked about using the floating thumb technique (was it @travis.thepadre.reed?) and I said I thought I may have learned it from Gary Willis. Actually, it was Todd Johnson.
I wrote in my blog about it a little over a year and a half ago when I first started doing it. Here’s a link to my article along with the Todd Johnson video.

5 Likes

@PamPurrs Thank You For Following Through

Cheers

3 Likes

Yes, this could be helpful for those 1/2 way around the globe from Pam and I, so if that time slot was not good for you (anybody in general) and you want to have a Zoom meeting, you can organize another one, just start another thread to get that group going so we don’t confuse times and meetings in this thread.
And it doesn’t mean that a member could only go to one of the meetings, some may go to both meetings, and if you are a little nervous, I could make sure to be at your first meeting, or Pam or another that has been in them already, to help it go smooth. there is really nothing to go smooth or not, as long as you keep religion and politics out of the chat, everything should be just fine.

We had talked about doing topic meetings, or even everybody learn a song and play it to one and other, or something to get a focal point.
But then we did not continue with the meetings on a regular basis.
But that is a great Idea.
And it could be the host,
or everybody planning on attending could post an idea for a topic, and we can vote, or draw from a hat.
And we could have a back up topic where if we run out of taling pionts on one topic, we can go to the next
There are a bunch of ways to do it, most all of them great ideas.
Follow thru is the first step.
And that is not on any ONE person to drop the ball, it was a group effort to not keep them going, cuz any one of us at any time could have said, Hey, remember when we got together on Zoom???

2 Likes

Please let me know about the next zoom get together. Would love to attend.

4 Likes

It will be posted in this thread.
If you change the notification from Tracking to Watching, then you will get a notification anytime posts in this thread, not only if people reply to you or call you out like this @wayoutenator.

on the left after the bottom post in the thread, it is a drop down menu, right below SHARE, BOOKMARK & FLAG

3 Likes