Resurrection of the Zoom meetings

That’s the reason UTC is the preferred way to set these thing up if you’re dealing internationally.

4 Likes

Yep. If you are just picking one time zone to use, it’s the only sane choice for a global audience.

4 Likes

agreed.
I just have to have it spelled out for me, I am a little slow upstairs.
Could be from all the blows to the head, just saying, could be. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

It will be 8.00am in Melbourne,
looking forward to catching up :+1:
Cgeers Brian

3 Likes

Yeah, that was great fun as well. I think it was. your first time with Zoom.
I had been using it alot since April. all the AA meetings went to zoom cuz we could not go to the meeting places any longer, so I knew Zoom well enough.

Also, Pam.
you are the host, and there are tools you may or may not know about.
But if things get a little rowdy in the meeting, as host, you can select the drop down that shows MEMBERS, or ATENDEES, or something, it is the list of people in the Zoom meeting.
At the bottom there is a button that says MUTE ALL

If alot of people start to talk out of turn, you can mute people and then
People can go to to one of the option drop down and RAISE HAND.
This way you can pick on people to talk in the order they raise their hand.

Of course, an open discussion with everybody being civil would be best,
just letting you know about this feature so you can control the meeting if it needs it.

4 Likes

Looking forward to having my morning coffee with everyone!

4 Likes

It’ll be 9pm for me so maybe a decaf…

4 Likes

I want to join in on one of these but I can’t today. I’ll look and see when the next one is and do my best to jump on board!! Super Cool idea!!

3 Likes

In the waiting room, waiting for host to let me in. @PamPurrs

3 Likes

Sorry to miss y’all. Just getting power and internet back here. We don’t do ice well in Louisiana (if it is outside of an adult beverage). Hope to join the next one.

4 Likes

@PamPurrs @JerryP @renouf @alanjans @DaveT And all of you, thank you so much for your insights. A true pleasure meeting and chatting like old friends. And again, thanx to Pam Purrs for being the catalyst behind this gathering.

Dig The Floating Thumb,
Cheers

7 Likes

Next time @laurie012

3 Likes

We had a really nice turnout for our Zoom meeting. Thank you to everyone who turned out.
Unfortunately I had to close it earlier than I would have liked due to Zooms time limits on free accounts.
I hope we can do lots more of these.

9 Likes

It is funny looking at that screen, cuz it is totally not where everybody was on my screen. :wink:

good fun. I got out and set up my phone appointment for 2:41, hopefully the urgent care Dr. will take care of me, usually they are against prescribing controlled substances, but it I don’t get it by tonight, well, lets just say, tonight is gonna be a bad night.

Great fun seeing / meeting you all, look forward to another one soon.

5 Likes

Yep, it was great to put faces to the forum usernames :grinning:
Sending good wishes @T_dub , hope for the best!

5 Likes

Thanks Pam for organizing the Zoom, it was great to catch up with those who had attended earlier zooms.
It was also nice to see the new guys and put faces to names/profiles on the forum.
These are a great opportunity to share ideas and techniques and enrich our growth in playing bass :sunglasses:
Look forward to the next one,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t sure I’d bother to get out of bed early enough, but I’m glad I did — good to catch up with fellow bassists and to talk about bass stuff and other general subjects. This world would be a lot better place if everyone had the cooperative and supportive and non-judgmental attitude that seems to pervade BassBuzz. I look forward to the next such get-together — thanks to Pam for organising.

7 Likes

It was great to see everyone and many thanks to you, @PamPurrs Pam for organizing the session.

4 Likes

@PamPurrs. I have a business account with no time limit if you want to use it next time.

4 Likes

That would be great if you want to set one up. Anyone here is welcome to arrange Zoom meetings whenever they like. There’s no telling who or how many will show up, but they are always fun.

3 Likes