B2B leads to
GAS which is often accompanied by symptoms of
GFS which gives the patient temporary gratification due to
NGD which leads to an ultimate diagnosis of
MBD

2 Likes

you are WAY outside the musical alphabet, gotta rename them

2 Likes

CONCLUSION: Wear a mask at all times in this forum.

Hereā€™s mineā€¦

2 Likes

ahaaahahahahahahahahah.

2 Likes

Well, my very first Reverb transaction is a bust. I received the TC Electronic Corona Chorus pedal today, and itā€™s D.O.A.

Doesnā€™t work with battery OR AC.

I requested a refund. Now I have to wait 2 days for the seller to respond. I feel an argument coming.

I may never buy anything on Reverb again after this, depending on how this goes.

5 Likes

Damn @PamPurrs. You are having a hell of a time on the 2nd hand market. That is a complete bummer. I understand it is two completely unrelated sellers, and they are unrelated, but it just simply sucks overall.

FWIW, now that my Reverb pedal is complete with my selection of the Flamma FS02 Reverb Pedal from Amazon, which I am very happy with, I am now focusing my attention to Chorus pedals as well.

These are the two I am looking at. Ebay has the best deals on the first, and it is pretty inexpensive like the Flamma, that I will buy this one from Ebay. they are only available 3rd party on Amazon, which is the other reason I will buy on Ebay.

1 - Electro-Harmonix (EHX) Bass Clone. This comes on high recommendation from @howard, and has been on the top of my list for a long time.
They are on Ebay anywhere from $64 to $79 new. I found a seller that does 2 day free shipping and takes returns, so if you get a seller that does this, I say go for it, IF you decide to go with this pedal.
You can find them under $60 - used - free ship, but with your recent luck, I say spend the few $$ more and go with new.

2 - Source Audio Gemini Chorus.. I am very intrigued with Source Audio, they make GREAT pedals with controls beyond anything you could dream of. They are like TC Electronics TonePrint on STEROIDS. Not only that, but this single pedal is a Chorus and can be their Lunar Phaser and Mercury Flanger as well, so it is quite a bit of pedal in a sleek and sexy little box.

I have not made a purchase yet, I am waiting on some credit from Amazon. When I get that credit, I will probably start with the Gemini. If I decide that it is more then I need / want, then I will ship it back and get the Bass Clone.

TBH
MY INITIAL GUT FEELING
I will end up with the BASS CLONE from EHX, and I might just get it and call it a day, I am undecided at this point.

If you come up with any other pedals that look interesting, please let me know.

OH YEAH, for Kicks and Giggles, I might just order this one to play with for a bit and see if I like it. Maybe I will get this JOYO and the SA GEMINI for testing first, and then get the Bass Clone in the end. IDK, I still have fun with it, so I donā€™t mind the testing out

2 Likes

Oh great, and now the seller on Reverb is calling me a liar for telling him the pedal doesnā€™t work. This is really turning into a sh*t storm.

I am so done with Reverb!

3 Likes

F % C %. That sucks. So sorry you are having such a tough time.

3 Likes

At least we know SweetH20 will take care of you, and the Bass Clone should shine inline with the TS and Reverb pedals

3 Likes

Youā€™ve got me worried now @PamPurrs, I have two pedals and a dual footswitch on the way!
I hope you get it sorted. Hard to think about it, but itā€™s not the platforms fault, there will always be idiots/con artists selling on any platform. The acid test is how much Reverb helps you now when it has gone wrong.

4 Likes

I had an online chat this morning with a support person at Reverb. He seemed to be very helpful and eager to help resolve the problem. He said he would reach out to the seller to get him to issue a shipping label.

Weā€™ll see how it goes from here. Meanwhile, I wrote a scathing review for that seller.

4 Likes

i have to say that although iā€™m sure it happens, i have never heard of this before. will probably be the last thing he sells there.

3 Likes

I usually wait til the problem is resolved before doing this. Its kind of like, donā€™t yell at people til after they bring you your food.

2 Likes

After dessert to be specific if my wife is ordering.

1 Like

Yeah, generally you donā€™t want to leave a bad review until the cash is back in hand :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As do I. He could have resolved the problem and I would not have even written a review. But when he called me a liar he crossed the line.
Itā€™s between me and Reverb now, and they seem to be handling it.

3 Likes

Good to know Reverb will step up. I really didnā€™t have any doubt they would, but it is reassuring.

3 Likes

If you paid with either a credit card or PayPal youā€™re also covered. Just sorry it happened to you.

4 Likes

One pedal here ok, one pedal and a footswitch to goā€¦
Quite looking forward to playing with the Boss RC-3 when it arrives.

2 Likes

im-feeling-a-little-sheepish

Okay, Iā€™m really embarrassedā€¦

I took the Corona Chorus pedal over to visit a friend of mine whoā€™s an electronics tinkerer. He does a lot with ham radios, and also his own pedals (he plays guitar). I asked him to look at it and see if anything jumps out at him. I left it with him and went to run some errands. That was this morning.
I was having lunch when he called me to tell me he got it working. Apparently, some small debris had found itā€™s way into or under the foot switch, causing it to not go down all the way. He blew it out with an air gun and cleaned it up. When I was depressing the switch and it wasnā€™t coming on, that was the reason. Whatever got under there, it probably happened during transport.
Now I feel really embarrassed. Iā€™m going to have to cancel my return request and retract my awful review of the seller.
Also, I have another chorus pedal on the way, so Iā€™ll have 2 of them. Iā€™ll end up selling one of them.

3 Likes