Reverb site for 2nd hand gear

Hey I think most of us would get fooled by that. Faith in the marketplace restored.

4 Likes

I think you donā€™t have to feel too sheepish, in effect what you told the seller was correct, the pedal didnā€™t work on arrival. They should have taken that as an honest statement of fact, not called you a liar.

3 Likes

yep, he really didnā€™t handle the situation well. he could have simply said can you get it checked out by someone. or send it back to me and i can get it checked.

4 Likes

Itā€™s become even worseā€¦

After I told him I had a friend look at it and found the problem, and that I wasnā€™t going to return it after all, he began another barrage of insults against me and my friend. Youā€™d think heā€™d be grateful that I took the time to have it looked at instead of sending it back.

Meanwhile (and surprisingly), Reverb refunded the entire amount back to my credit card. That ignited another barrage of insults in which he even accused me of running a scam on sellers to try to get free stuff. He closed by congratulating me on my successful scam to get a free pedal from him.

In good conscience I was going to ship it back to him at my own expense, and then (surprisingly again) Reverb emailed me this morning with a prepaid shipping label to return it to him.

After this experience, I can honestly say that Reverb is a superb company that takes care of itā€™s customer. This particular seller, on the other hand, is a sociopath.

8 Likes

Could also be someone that has been scammed before. As someone that sells a lot, I have definitely had problem buyers, and it is super stressful.

3 Likes

Still, until you know this is the case, best not to treat somebody as a Scammer. I am sure that Reverb would take care of it if the pedal didnā€™t make it back to the seller in the package that Reverb sent, so it could be returned, they would probably compensate him and then re-charge Pamā€™s card. When I shipped my package, there was a 70 cent option for Reverb protection, I checked it and I am sure if anything happens, they will take care of it.

It sucks to be scammed, but it sucks worse to be an A-hole to everybody in every situation.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, for sure, just speculating it could be a contributor to why the guy is acting so weird.

3 Likes

Ok so an update on my experience of buying second hand so far on reverb. Tally so far is one boss looper, one boss noise gate and a small dual momentary footswitch originally made by a small UK pedal company to be compatible with boss loopers.
Communication from all 3 sellers was good.
All three posted quickly, though one seller of the cheapest item (footswitch) sent it in the regular post untracked, so I did wonder what would happen if I had to say it never turned up. But it did so no worries.
All three were largely as described, and appear to work so far.
But annoyingly, the boss looper turned up really covered in white dust (I felt strangely happy after touching itā€¦ :joy:) Which was not a problem to clean off, but why not take two seconds to do that before you post? Iā€™d be embarrassed not to franky.
Overall itā€™s saved me a lot so far, but it really was not quick finding the items priced seriously as second hand items. Most are well over priced and you have to make an offer.
Itā€™s also a good way to try pedals out if youā€™re reasonably sure you want them, which I was.
Although Iā€™ve realised I hate the look of boss pedals now, so Iā€™m going to keep the boss looper and flip the noise gate.

4 Likes

You might not be the only one :sweat_smile:
But youā€™ll get used to it. Same thing for me and Fender headstocks :grimacing:

4 Likes

Which noise gate will you get, there are not many options that do what the BOSS does. ISP makes great ones, and TC and EHX but in all honesty, I have not seen ANY noise suppressor / gate that would be considered ā€œgood lookingā€

How do you like the looper. I never thought I would want a looper, and had one in the Zoom B1-four, which went largely unused, until the one time I decided I needed to use it, for recording / pedal testing purpose, and thats when I realized it is nice to have more then 50 seconds. fortunately at the time, the pc I was recording WAS EXACTLY 50 seconds so it worked out.

I have the Wire Tap, and it has unlimited (well, not unlimited, but way more then you would use for looping) space, but it is not really a LOOPER, although, you can use it that way in a limited fashion, an no overdubbing, or foot switch playback (foot switch recording, playback is the play button)

So anyway, now I am curious about the larger loop stations vs. the smaller loop pedals.
The Red Boss Loop station (large, double pedal size) looks cool, but is it way overkill when not doing live performing, and is the Boss Looper, or TC Ditto looper really worth the above $100 price tag, vs the ones that are, say, under $50.

Anyway, again, I will be interested to hear about this product.

There was one on Offer Up that went for like $70. Just before I could secure it, cuz the others on offer up, are like over $175

1 Like

Hi @T_dub Iā€™ve picked up the EHX Silencer, which new didnā€™t cost me much more than I bought the Boss NS-2 second hand.
Iā€™ve only tested it briefly, but it seems to do the job. Only criticism would be it leaves the gate open just a fraction too long than you think it should, even on shortest release time.

The looper Iā€™ve got is the Boss RC-3. Again early days on trying to learn its features, bit I think itā€™s going to be great. I havenā€™t tried it yet but you can potentially record whole songs or backing tracks to play against, either by downloading tracks to it, or recording from the aux in on the looper. You can record 3 hours or download 3 hours of tracks. So Iā€™m going to store a bunch of practice stuff and songs, and I can just click on my pedal board, select a memory from the Boss click start and play.
Also the ease with which you can record snippets of yourself playing is both a useful practice tool but also somewhat disheartening when you play back and realise how inconsistent your tone/style is note to note. For that alone it was worth buying second hand.

3 Likes

One of my favorite pedals is the hotone wally plus Looper. Not just because they are the cutest pedals on earth.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of a loop station, like the Boss RC-30, or even the NUX Loop Core, or the Boss RC-3. Something with lots of recording time and lots of playback options.
I get it for Stage performances for sure, but just for a home studio? That was more of my question. I do have the Zoom Box-four with 50 seconds, or my WireTap with plenty of time for recording, but limited playback options.

Also, I found a TC Electronics Ditto for $50. they usually sell USED around here for $100, so I am probably gonna go ahead and get it.
Actually, just looking it up right now, it only has 5 min playback.

This NUX has like 6 hours and way more features, I may just hold off for this one.

I just need to decide if I want all the space and features, or if I just want to be able to loop more than 50 seconds that are on my Zoom?
The Ditto is $50 2nd hand, and is about a 40 min drive to get it, costing about $10 in gas, but it is probably is enough

The NUX is $100, but it will be delivered, it is brand new, has a great return policy, and I have $300 in amazon credit.

HMMMM, quality problems I guess, what to do.

1 Like

That looks sick, with 8gb, plenty of features. I like the look of them, but they are so damn small, and I have trouble with mini medals with tiny writing and tiny control nobs.
Do you have issues with anything like that with this pedal?

I am not a fan of the way boss pedals look, but I have boss pedals, so I am not opposed to adding them, and the Boss RC-3 looks comparable to the Hotone Wally, for $30 less.
Then the NUX Loop core looks to be comparable as well.
I kind of want to try something NUX, I hear good things about this brand.

I have to ditto what @T_dub said earlier in this thread Reverb is a good site if you donā€™t try to oversell your gear. I had a Zoom G3xn guitar pedal pretty much brand new in the box listed it for about 20 bucks under the asking price plus a few bucks for shipping sold it the next day. I donā€™t like selling guitars through there because of shipping costs anymore though. They did change their fee to 5% recently also

3 Likes

Yeah, I listed a Zoom B1-Four, it sold in 24 hours. I listed the price plus shipping for like $2 under the lowest price, and there were only 10 for sale at the time.

After it was all said and done, I ended up with $62.50 pay out. I probably could have just sold it on Offer Up or Let Go (they are now one app under Offer Up, they bought out Let Go) and probably could have gotten $70 for it, and not had to packed and shipped it.

Reverb did make that part pretty easy, they took the cost from my sale profit, and I just printed the label, so they do a good job.
Note: you can SHIP from Offer Up, and they do the same with shipping labels and all, so that is a good way to get your items out nationally. The biggest Advantage Reverb has over Offer Up is that Reverb is focused to Music gear only, and Offer Up is focused on anything.

2 Likes

Nah. The knobs arenā€™t really all that small and are clearly marked. The way you control it is a bit confusing at first but you get used to it. It doesnā€™t have a line in option like the one above but itā€™s also a lot cheaper and 1/8 the size :joy:

2 Likes

@T_dub Thanks for the advice I will have to look into Offer Up as well in the future.

2 Likes

Cheaper then which? it is $129.
The NUX and Boss RC-3 are both $99
now if you are talking the
BOSS RC-30 or up like RC-300, 500 etcā€¦
then yes, much cheaper.
Unless you know where to get the Hotone cheaper then $99

1 Like

Offer up is great because mostly you are selling to people within driving distance. Let Go was the same.
I have heard about another that I am going to try now that Let Go is gone.
It is called 5 miles

2 Likes