Rocksmith+

For comparison Rocksmith 2014 is $35 forever, frequently goes on sale (I think I got it for $9), and has a huge user community making songs for it for free.

3 Likes

I have RS2014 for the PlayStation I am curious to try it online with the new redux and see what’s it’s all about.

1 Like

Some beta footage here. They have tabs now! Note by note is cool too. Beta coverage starts around 5:40.

6 Likes

I like the interface. This is an awesome product but come out a year late. They would have make bangs if this release this time last year.

I’m pretty sure the subscription would be cut in have in a year or two. I’d pay $7 a month but not $15 unless the library is filled with songs I play.

3 Likes

I’m a Nintendo fanboy so I have been asking around if Ubisoft will release this on the Nintendo Switch.

Does anyone know??

2 Likes

@JT is there a release date for this yet?

1 Like

There is no release date yet.
The only known date is July, 22. That is the date for the end of the closed beta. Doesn’t really give any perspective on when the release will be.

As there is no release date communicated, I would guess it is at least half a year away.

There is an AMA at 23 UTC tonight: Rocksmith+ Dev Stream - AMA with Arthur Von Nagel and Chris Woo - YouTube
Maybe they have some info there.

5 Likes

Doesn’t look like it currently…

3 Likes

Well, this looks upsetting. Nintendo fanboys play guitar to. Thanks for the reply

2 Likes

Isn’t the rumor $99/yr? That’s 8.33 a month. If they cut monthly to $7, they’d have to cut yearly to like $50. At that point, I might consider it.

2 Likes

Yes it’s $100 a year but I think if I recall correctly they said $14.99 per month. Which is a lot for one game.

2 Likes

That’s pretty average for an A title these days - if they have monthly rates. I think it may be high for this game

1 Like

Yeah. It’s fine to charge that for even older AAA subs-based games like WoW. It’s not fine to charge that for Rocksmith.

1 Like

Wow. I played my ghost recon breakpoint when it first came out and small block of time everytime they do a major update I will say this. Ubisoft do a really good job of keeping the game current and making useful updates.

Online connection game is not bad and not as inconvenient as people think. But…but when you lose connection it starts over again. If this new version has more than 30 songs that I like to play I’ll get it.

3 Likes

Considering Sirius radio is $17 a month and it’s repeatitive programming and non interactive I think $8.50 a month is not bad at all. Also if you look at it from a learning tool and not a game hard to find online lessons for under ten bucks a month.

3 Likes

Yousician is the current top Rocksmith clone. They charge:

Monthly:

Yearly:

Or you have Songsterr:

songsterr

Sure, both of those have a limited access Free level too, but you can see that Rocksmith+ is not out of alignment with their paid versions and I suspect it will be better. Why would they charge less if they are likely to be the market leaders?

2 Likes

Is there a list of available songs? Possible dlc? I’m not sure if I missed it but will it be compatible with the older one?

1 Like

13.8 million songs they said :stuck_out_tongue: should keep you busy for a few weeks… they had a list of songs by category someone posted it quite a few…

2 Likes

13.8 million? That’s nuts. Could it be possible?

1 Like

@Al1885 no LOL I was being sarcastic sorry!

2 Likes